1. Amod Prakash
E-Mail: email@example.com; Contact: +91- 8390230522
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL - QA HEAD & MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Total Quality Management New Product Development Client Relationship Management
Skilled in proposing innovative New Product Development & Quality Management solutions with an aim to
enhance business value & achieve cost reduction
External & Internal
Quality Assurance at
Process Flow stages.
Tool Trials & Production
of Pilot Lots.
Workflow & Layout
Cost Saving Initiatives.
● Over 18+ years of experience of plastic injection moulding and an strategist and
implementor with core competency in Business excellence through Engineering &
Quality assurance activities with degree of B.Tech Polymer (Plastic
● Presently associated with Mutual Industries Ltd , Pune as Sr Manager -
Quality Assurance / Management Representative – ISO/TS &EHS
Compliance / Product Development Engineering
● Competent in value addition in New Product Development initiatives as core CFT
member with key focus on Quality, Cost & Delivery; handled PFMEA, Problem
& Defect Analysis and Production Quality related issues; maintained Quality
Control Objectives as per corporate policies & customer demands
● Spearheaded QA functions involving in-process verification at all stages ,
ISO/TS audit, EHS audit ,Customer’s audit & co-ordination with internal
departments for timely delivery of FTR finished products; proven abilities in
managing vendor performance to ensure meeting of quality norms
● Expertise in applying Total Quality Management tools for various products
like Auto plastic parts(interior & exterior),Submersible pump parts , engineering
sector plastic parts etc.; competencies in conducting rejection analysis & taking
corrective measures to avoid the same; familiar with the Product Part
● Proficiency in assuring that all products produced represent the maximum
quality & reliability attainable by establishing effective quality control
inspections, tests and corrective procedures
● In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and TS 16949-2009 Norms as well as
latest quality techniques such as 5S, 7 SQC Tools, TPM, Work Place
Communication and PFMEA
● Exhibited excellence in understanding client’s needs / enhancements,
customizing the product accordingly & providing solutions as per requirements
● An Effective Leader with skills in leading & guiding workforce ; ability to
sustain a positive work environment towards the accomplishment of
NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS ACROSS THE CAREER
Supplier Quality/Development & Technical Assurance
Assessing performance of the vendors based on various criterions such as supplier Parts per Million (PPM)
rejection trends, Vendor ratings, quality improvement strategy etc.
Approving control plans at the vendor’s end & undertaking finalization/ submission of PPAPs & R@R activities.
Conducting supplier evaluation through SPDP Risk Assessment for potential suppliers or for new parts
with existing suppliers.
Planning & carrying out Manufacturing Capability Assessment for potential suppliers & process audits for
Providing technical guidance to the vendor team, guiding them on basics problem solving techniques & resolving
Maintaining Supplier databases, monitoring/ reporting of suppliers overall performance & resolving problems at
Undertaking & support localization which includes development / validation / testing & production approval of
Supplier development activities with regards to diagnosis of gaps with regards to Quality (Q), Cost(C), Volume (V)
2. Testing & Inspection
Testing, inspection & certification of products of various nature, various items & raw material used in related
Executing method development and validation i.e. rigorous testing of methods to ensuring that the products are
precise, accurate, reproducible, "fool-proof" and specific to product etc.
Conducting inspection of inward items such as Sub-contract works, and brought out Items as per process layouts,
catalogs and materials are per test certificates.
Maintaining SPC Techniques with X-bar & R charts, IM&R, Bar-charts and process capability records.
Performing functional / performance / endurance tests as per ISO / DIN / AS TM standards & customer specific
Ensuring adherence to the various quality measures viz., 5S, ISO 9001, ISO/TS-16949 , EHS by maintenance of
appropriate requisite documentation/ records.
Synchronizing calibration, maintenance and operation of test lab; devising & implementing process & quality
plans & undertaking SPC study for critical parameters. Implementing customer specific quality system activities.
Maintaining test lab as per ISO/IEC Guide 17025.
Reviewing analytical documents, SOPs, General Test Procedures, protocols & their summary reports.
Initiating Quality Improvement Planning (Q.I.P).
Materials Inspection - Incoming and In-House
Maintaining quality standards for incoming materials, ensuring stringent adherence to quality standards , norms &
practices, identifying gaps & taking corrective action
Responsible for in-house material testing/ inspection of components and undertaking In-house rejection analysis.
Performing assembly checks in assembly section & maintaining assembly inspections reports, raw-material
identification reports, components inspection reports, log books, calibration records, rework notes, rejection
notes, route cards, non-conformity reports, and test / clearance certificates.
Managing internal / external testing of material / components as per standards as a part of localization
Handling manufacturing process assessment & conducting Process Audits in cutting / assembly lines; coordinating
FMEA reviews with engineering to inculcate error proofing.
Customer Relationship Management
Monitoring the quality performance score for all customers & carrying out product, process & systems audits as
well as preparing & driving PPM reduction plan.
Tracking & improving customer satisfaction levels by enhancing quality & reliability levels through continuous
Analyzing the quality concerns, identifying root causes, finalizing & implementing correction action plans.
Training & Development
Identifying training needs across levels through mapping of skills required for particular positions & organizing
training for new recruits.
Incorporating bonded teamwork and managing healthy environment.
Key Performance Indicators (PQCDSMV)
Strengthening processes in align with VDA6.3, WORLD CLASS QUALITY and DEMING MODEL
● Strengthening processes from Project kickoff to Vehicle assembly
● Build collaborative relationship with customers
● Increasing FTR level of parts at all process stage .
● Ensuring quality at every stage of process flow
● Build supplier quality management
● Reduction in manufacturing cost through KAIZEN(No of Kaizen per person per month)
● Improvement and sustenance in 2S(5S)
● Training to people for Quality improvement techniques , QC Tools,TPM,5S, JIT ,KAIZEN ,TPM
● Details of Employment: Effectively functioning as a Management Representative &Single Point of Contact for
all quality related issues both at internal & external levels; , initiating Continual Improvement Activities in
the In- Process Assembly & Off-Line Areas
● Initiated relevant modifications to achieve a state of process control and ensuring manufactured products
meet pre-determined specifications and quality attributes; demonstrated excellence in:
3. o Making PFMEAs, Control Plans and Workflow & Layout planning for the newly developed Components
● Significantly contributed in conducting Production Trail Run, facilitating Prototype Development and handing over
the new product to Production Department
● Gained expertise in New Product Development Process, managing Trial of Tool & Production of Pilot
Lots, ensuring customer satisfaction & following-up with customer till approval; skilled in applying 7 QC Tools for
Mutual Industries Ltd. Since May’11 as Sr Manager-QA(Group)
Key Result Areas:
● Managing and maintaining the company’s quality inspection & product release programmes for finished goods;
responsible for reducing rejection and ensuring quality of the end product in all respects; Facilitating Internal &
External ISO & Quality Audits
● Taking stringent quality measures including preparation / maintenance of necessary documents to ensure
compliance with specified standards & customer requirements; developing & maintaining all ISO /TS system
related activities & documents
● Liaising with vendors to improve performance, analyzing vendor capabilities and developing & maintaining Vendor
Quality Metrics; conducting periodic audits & surveys of vendors facilities and processes to determine adequacy
and quality control
● Assisting in the New Product Development Lifecycle including requirement analysis, finalizing specifications/
designs, product development & testing activities; ensuring that audits & inspections are understood and carried
out on the products developed
● Interfacing with Key Clients/OEMs for understanding their requirements and updating the technical team for
creating designs as per customer specifications; analysing the problem on product and offering solution to the
customer for product modification
● Undertaking continuous process improvement activities & conducting cost benefit analysis of operations including
feasibility studies & assessment of requirements; monitoring production processes to identify deviations leading
to defects & rejections.
● Implementation of preventive action in CFT at all stage of process(Injection moulding, Welding, Testing and
● Skill upgradation of manufacturing employees by onjob training and training in various subjects .( Injection
moulding principles, 5S ,process, safety , TPM, Work simulation etc)
● Establishes standards of BOM Input by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; devising testing
methods and procedures.
● Optimization of process product qualification in coordination with design –development department
● Establishes standards for finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures
● Build collaborative relationships with functional team across group business to establish and implement the
system to avoid reoccurrence of non conformity I,e. to avoid chronic problems.
● Experience in Injection Moulding processing of Plastic Automobile parts Bottle, Caps, Luggage, Plastic ball pens,
Shaving Razor, pump parts,, plastic pail.
● Hands on experience of mapping ISO/TS Processes
● Material Processed: LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, PP, PC-ABS, ABS, SEBS, SBS, NYLON, Various Blends, PPO,PPE, PC etc.
● Technical support for trouble shooting to domestic & international customers
● Develops team to drive quality initiatives & breakthrough projects
● Training to suppliers for aspects i.e. Quality , maintenance ,system( ISO, TS, MSA, POKEYOKE,KAIZEN,5S,TPM
● Internal quality audit
● Blending of polymers & Testing of polymers
● Executing quality excellence in budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
● APQP& PPAP for products
● Creating and sustaining a dynamic environment that fosters development opportunities and motivates high
performance amongst team members; imparting continuous on job training for skill- building & competency
Contributed as Key driver for continuous improvement, VA/VE ,Product development, ISO/TS Certification, EHS
Certification , WCSQ .VDA6.3
Received appreciation letter from organization for initiating and implementing methods for reducing rejection from
3% to 0.5 %.
Received appreciation letter from organization for implementation of KAIZEN
4. Awarded as winner to me and my team by ACMA & INSAAN for KAIZEN
Technical paper Published On “Toughened Polymer Blends” In Journal Of Indian Plastic Institute
Got training on ISO, SPC, Strategic business plan, Personality development, Six sigma green belt &Internal
Certified internal quality auditor for ISO/TS 16949:2009 & VDA6.3
Certified by GRID INC for people management & self development.
V.I.P.Inds.Ltd, Nagpur from Oct’96 to as Trainee engineer
Vidyut Metallics Ltd. Thane from Dec’97 to Nov’00 as Executive
Rashmi writing instruments Dec’00 to Aug’03 as Asst manager -Prod&QA
Jyoti Plastic Works Pvt Ltd, Daman Aug’03 to Jun’06 as Asst Manager- QA
Jolly Container. Daman Jul’06 to May’11 as Manager-QA
B.TECH (4 Yrs. Degree Course) from Amravati University, Maharashtra
PGDBM from Rajsthan university
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
Six Month Course In “ISO 9000&TQM”
Six Month Course In “Web Programming”
PGDBM from Rajsthan university
Date of Birth: 2th
Languages Known: English, Hindi and Marathi
Address: E 15/410, Ivy Estate, Pune nagar Road, Pune.