1. JAMES ALLEN ROBERTSON
201 Gillespie Dr., #9204 Franklin, TN 37067 615-830-2338
OPERATIONS AND PROJECT MANAGER
Certified IT professional skillfully managing key operations, projects, and long-term strategic planning for multi-sized
companies. Self-starter proficiently coordinating networking, network equipment installation/repair, and staff
leadership, diligently ensuring customer satisfaction. Highly collaborative yet decisive, ensuring performance of specified
tasks by a range of vendors. Keen troubleshooter quickly learning and leveraging in-depth knowledge of wide-ranging
equipment, testing, installations, and products to continually exceed expectations. Earned the Cisco Certified Network
Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) credential and completed training in CompTIA A+.
• Project Management: Coordinated internal resources and third party vendors for flawless execution of projects.
Delivered projects on-time, on budget and within the scope of work requested. Assisted in defining project scope
and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. Successfully managed
relationships with customers and stakeholders. Used risk management and lessons learned to minimize project risks.
• Management Skills: Oversaw personnel, contractors, and sub-contractors, effectively coordinating inventory
procurement and control. Verified and authorized sales orders. Administered budgets as high as $6M, measurably
plummeting overhead through reduced headcount. Provided support for NOC technicians while assisting NOC
directors by preforming service and communicating with customers. I am a situational leader which allows me to be
able to adapt to any type of environment. Performed monthly training for personal growth and operational growth.
• Hardware: Installed, troubleshot, and repaired Adtran routers, IA Outburst 223F boxes, T1and PRI circuits Cisco
3400’s, Cisco 4800’s, Cisco 3600, Cisco ASR’s, Lucent DMX, and Lucent Lamda equipment. Generated preventive
maintenance plans. Maximized knowledge of practice lab safety precautions.
• Customer Skills: Transformed deep understanding of customer requirements into high-quality solutions, effectively
addressing issues. Allays the concerns of challenging clients, cementing their satisfaction.
• Engineering Skills: Established TDM and Ethernet Networks using Cisco routers and switches.
Equinox Communications April 2015-October 2015
Managed Network Operations Center, Operations, and Order Entry department. Designed and wrote
Standard Operations Procedures for NOC, and Installation department. Increase production, assets capacity
and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards. Designed and
was the administrator for ConnectWise database for the projects, installation procedures and the service
department. Assisted engineering department in service and project managing.
• Planned, organized, and directed day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
• Built NOC department and authored standard operations procedures.
• Managed vendor and engineering escalations during outages.
• Started training program conducting weekly, monthly, and quarterly training sessions.
• Produced the business plan for growth in operations, financial, and business development departments.
• Project manage each install from data entry to installation QA.
• Preformed quarterly reviews of employee’s and assist in quarterly goal setting.
• Allocated resources to effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
• Have the ability to create accountability and to lead by example
3. JAMES ALLEN ROBERTSON
Page 2 615-830-2338
tw telecom (currently known as Level 3 Communications)
April 2012 – February 2015
Managed city infrastructure, network design and operation, directly supervising engineers, external plant teams, and
other technical staff. Installed, tested, and turned up circuits. Ensured operability of the network, equipment,
circuits. Coordinated inventory procurement and management. Conducted surveys. Exhibited flexibility, analytical skills,
and project management experience in typically pressure-filled settings.
• Engineered disaster recovery events and scheduled annual training sessions.
• Implemented strategies that aligned with strategic initiatives and provided a clear sense of direction and focus
• Produced a disaster recovery manual for Nashville employees to follow to protect personnel and equipment.
• Collected and analyzed data to find work place improvements and eliminate waste time and overtime
• Managed such vendors as electricians and HVAC contractors, ensuring their completion of designated tasks.
• Served as a “go to” resource for technicians through responsive coaching and mentoring, on-site training and
support, and weekly meetings.
• Met customer expectations, including by participating in pre-sales meetings, quickly clearing trouble tickets, and
ensuring timely dispatch of technicians to address issues during both business and after hours.
• Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
• Assist in building RFO (reason for outage) reports for incidences that effected customers.
• Met with customers to address concerns on service and outages.
• Managed local technicians and engineering department performing annual reviews and assigning goals.
Central Office Engineer September 2008- April 2012
Built a network using Cisco equipment, producing TDM and Ethernet networks. Leveraged knowledge and
understanding of Sonet/IP/VoIP/Ethernet applications to effectively deliver services.
• Assisted in the design of ATM, MPLS, SONET, Frame Relay, and Ethernet circuits.
• Calculated equipment costs for network projects. Read and interpreted Circuit Layout records. Coordinated
equipment deployment for SIP services. Installed new services and equipment at company and customer sites.
• Administered the PA/PO/Invoice/Inventory tracking process in support of various projects and installations.
• Performed evaluations of sale and circuit forecasts to map site and network equipment installations and upgrades.
• Forecast long-term requirements of company facilities.
• Project managed the installation of new services and equipment at corporate locations and customer sites.
Network Technician II June 2006- September 2008
Installed, repaired, and coordinated routine preventative maintenance of Ethernet switches and SONET Circuits,
demonstrating flexible communication and solid customer service skills. Leveraged broad knowledge to ensure
qualitative work, seamlessly learning new products, installation types, testing requirements, and test equipment.
• Racked and stacked Cisco switches and routers, Adtran routers, and Adva routers.
4. • Trouble shot issues with network and customer circuits.
• Installed Cisco 3400, 3550, 4900 switches.
JAMES ALLEN ROBERTSON
Page 3 615-830-2338
P&H TELECOM February 2001- March 2006
Oversaw the installation and support of various telecommunications solutions, including PBX systems, voice systems,
and voice/wire systems. Identified cost-effective strategies, including by evaluating the costs/benefits of internal
installation against those of third-party carriers. Secured optimal contract terms with vendors using sharp negotiation
capabilities, continually tracking expenses. Oversaw staff in the installation, upgrade, and repair of various equipment,
including voice. Mapped long-term strategies for telecommunications systems. Updated senior leaders on all
Technician February 1999 – February
Installed, terminated, and tested cable. Readied equipment for customer installations and replacements, ensuring
availability of needed items. Troubleshot underlying causes of technical issues and errors through diagnostic testing.
Programmed and diagnosed issues with business telephone systems. Delivered high-quality technical assistance to
clients, surpassing customer expectations to elevate and retain high-level customer satisfaction.
Additional work history includes Petty Officer Third Class, U.S. Navy, Telecommunications.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate, New Horizon Computer Learning Center
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, New Horizon Computer Learning Center
• CompTIA A+, New Horizon Computer Learning Center
• ES5M01-5ESS Switch Maintenance Fundamentals, tw telecom
• Leadership Development and Management training, tw telecom