Ali W. Abu Ghazaleh
A finance professional with a key role in establishing new companies/branches and setting up the financial policies &
procedures, ERP system, billing system andhiring & Training the finance & sales teams within the telecomm sector.
I have very good experience in GCC markets specially KSA, Kuwait & UAE. Finance background,with overarching
understanding of telecom business in addition to deep involvement instandardizationand strategic planning.
Area of Expertise:
Financial Policies & Procedures
Chief Accountant March 2012 - Present
Qanawat Telecom Co.
Qanawat is a provider of various comprehensive services related to mobile phone content and technology.
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, with a strategically teamed up with around 45 Tier 1 mobile operators in 22 countries, over
300 local and international providers of high quality content and several key players in the mobile advertising arena.
I have accomplished three major projects so far with Qanawat Company beside my current role with Qanawat KSA as
the following details:
Qanawat Dubai, Abu Dhabi& Kuwait branches:
In 2014 &2015 the company has established three new branches in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Kuwait and I contributed to this
achievement by the following accomplished tasks:
• Setting up the Sales System and finalize the integration between the sales system and the accounting system and train
the key users on the system and make sure that the system and users are ready before the launch.
•Setting up the Accounting System ‘Great Plain – Microsoft’ and building the suitable chart of accountsand all the
configuration and train the key users on the system and make sure that the system and users are ready before the
• Assist the CFO & HR in setting up the policies and procedures.
• Interviewed and hired the finance team.
• Train the new hires for day to day transactions and monthly closing and monthly financial reporting including Sales
Reports, Stock Reports, Cash Position Reports, Statement of Accounts and Reconciliations and Financial Statements.
• Follow up with sales rep. and distributers and agencies and conduct meetings with them to make sure that all the
parties understand the company’s business plan and targets.
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : KSA+966.534087275
• Assist the management with creating the company’s business plan
• Prepare the annual budget and keep tracking the expenses with the budget vs. actual reports and flag any over budget
•Study and analyze the new products and offers with the sales team.
• Calculate the commissions and set a new targets for the sales and for the agencies
• Conduct a periodic stock count for sales and agencies stocks and make a reconciliations with them
Qanawat Riyadh, KSA:
Qanawat Riyadh, KSA is considered as the main office for the group company and all the other branches in KSA and out
of KSA are reporting their results to the main office. My main duties and responsibilities are:
• Monitoring and following up with the other branched to make sure that the work flow is going smooth and major
problems in accounting or sales systems
• Follow up and audit sales rep. accounts
•Monitoring & Audit Transaction of Stores
•Following up with clients on the collection
• Managing various accounting procedures and day to day transactions including GL, AP, AR, FA, and banks.
• Overseeing preparation of statutory books of Accounts, Fixed Asset Register, Bank Reconciliation within stipulated
• Reviewing existing processes and defining new processes where required; ensuring that no audit queries are raised in
the yearly audit.
• Initiating business accounting process improvements, in addition to maintaining and updating ERP.
• In charge of Month end Closing and ensuring all financial transactions are recorded and posted accurately
• Formulating annual budgets and conducting variance analysis between projected & actual results and implementing
• Preparing Financials, Audit Reports and other financial reports to keep a track of financial performance.
• Preparing cash position reports.
Accountant Dec. 2010 - Feb2012
Lights Power Contracting Est.
Lights Power Contracting Company is a Saudi contracting company focused on constructions & design, Electro -Mechanical
& Civil contractors and Real Estate Management.
• Preparing Cheque and bank transfers, bills & Receipt vouchers.
• Preparing Bank Reconciliation Statement.
• Preparing payroll sheet.
• Monitoring and follow up of accounts receivable & accounts payable.
• Following up with clients on the collection.
• Preparing Schedules for End of Service Benefits
BankTeller& Customer Service Jan. 2008–Nov.2010
Arab JordanInvestmentBank (AJIB)
Arab Jordan Investment Bank (AJIB) has built a legacy of excellence and leadership as one of Jordan’s leading investment
and commercial banks.
• Worked with customers on a daily basis, meeting their banking needs and either answering or referring their financial
questions to the appropriate supervisory individuals
• Accepted and processed customer deposits and loan payments
• Maintained and balanced a cash drawer daily
• In charge of giving out foreign currency at the prescribed exchange rate
• Trained and supervised new hires
• Nutrition ATM and Conformity.
Bachelor's degree in Finance and Banking Sciencefrom Al-Ahliyya Amman UniversitySep.2003 – Sep.2007
• Customer Care
• Communication skills and dealing with the public
•The legal aspects of bank drafts
•Money laundering and terrorism financing
• Treasury (dealing in foreign currencies) and portfolio management
Very good in English, native speaker in Arabic.
Birth Date : 22July1985
Nationality : Jordan
Residence Country : Al Riyadh, KSA
Marital Status : Single