1. ALBORZ NIARAKI
154 Dooley Crescent Ajax, ON L1T 4J7 email@example.com 905-427-3895
Looking for an opportunity to put my skills and training to work for your company by acquiring the position of
Proven expertise in:
• Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Attended daily Banquet Event meetings to review culinary requirements.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assist in developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or
products, including artistic contributions.
• Ensured compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Estimated it daily Banquet Event Order production needs.
• Followed proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintained food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Managed BEO process including menu development, pricing, tracking and ordering.
• Manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
• Planed food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
• Prepared and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Recognized superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
Cost Containment and Reduction
Exceptional Customer Service
Special Event Planning
Team Leadership Skills
Managing Team According to Standards, Policies and Procedures
Time Management and Organizational Skill
Advanced Kitchen Management
Safety & Security in the Kitchen
Meat & Poultry Workshop
How to Train the Trainer
Food Handler Certificate
Certificate of Qualification: Red Seal
Westin Harbour Castel
Sous Chef 2013 to present
Restaurant Chef,Mizzen, Chart room and Room Express
2. Manage Production, Associate and Utility Attendants, Ordering, Line Check, Inventory, Create New Menu and Daily
(MLSE) E11evenrestaurant – Toronto, ON 2011 - 2012
Managed kitchen with 21 Associates, 216 seating capacity upscale restaurant.
Managed production cooks and utility attendants. Responsible for opening kitchen, scheduling, line check,
inventory, ordering and payroll.
Created new recipes and planned events. Health and safety.
(MLSE) REAL SPORTS BAR & GRILL -Toronto, ON 22009- 2011
Pre opened and managed kitchen staff in a fast paced restaurant to ensure service and food quality met the
highest standards set and demanded by the company’s Visions and Values.
Managed and trained production staff in proper storage and handling of food products on daily basis to lessen
the amount of spoilage therefore reducing food waste.
Coached supervisors and lead cooks on the importance of following FIFO system and carefully mentoring
Monitored daily production to ensure staff was following recipes accurately as they were written to maintain
the consistency and high quality of products.
Part of management opening team responsible for start up of 25,000 square foot restaurant in Maple
Involved in creating, costing and testing of 275 recipes
Developed and implemented charts and records to accurately monitor and control food cost and waste
Mentored kitchen staff using wealth of culinary knowledge
Proven leadership skills with a track record of training, developing and fostering strong team, focused
on exceptional customer service
Directly responsible for Health and Safety training of staff and implementation of regulations
BRIDGES BAR AND RESTAURANT – Markham, ON 2007 – 2009
Pre opened and Full control of kitchen as well as oversee culinary efforts involving preparation of distinctive
entrees, cakes and pastries for upscale restaurant.
Managed 2 cooks and 4 kitchen staff in preparation of entrees specialty dishes and desserts in a newly
established restaurant. Created unique menu items and plate presentation. Standardized innovative production
recipes to maintain consistent cuisine and guest satisfaction. Developed and implemented procedures for
smooth operations and food safety. Conducted interviews and trained staff. Planed staff and production
schedules. Monitored equipment maintenance and sanitation of facility. Responsible for ordering, inventory
control, cost containment and operations.
Streamlined operations by creating accurate prep sheets, standardized recipe files and product rotation
Played integral role in controlling food / labour costs and waste
Developed and prepared all recipes for appetizers, entrees and desserts
Created unique menu selections and presentations
Continually received enthusiastic compliments from guest
3. FOUR SEASONS HOTEL – Toronto, ON 1993 - 2007
Provided high-level support to Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with responsibility for Garde
Managed a team of 7 cooks and 5 kitchen staff. Oversaw daily recipe preparation, food storage, cooking and
presentation. Developed recipes and recommended creative menu items.
Evaluated performance of staff by giving feedback and additional instructions in annual reviews and one-on-
one counselling sessions.
Implemented efficient procedures on Restaurant Line for set up and storage which delivered smooth
service resulting in improved quality and time efficiency
Designed new look for Brunch Buffet by re-arranging set up and traffic flow to allow easy access for
guests therefore eliminating confusion
Created innovative new recipes with great eye appeal as well as attractive presentation of plates and
platters for hot and cold buffet in keeping with the Five Star quality standards expected from
Developed and organized Menu for Staff Café keeping quality high with a variety of food, while
utilizing available ingredients
Headed up culinary team for private functions and dinners receiving numerous compliments from
CEO therefore was repeatedly requested to return to head up private functions