1. AKIN OYEDELE
11670 Iowa Avenue, #6 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles, CA 90025 Blog: oyedele.wordpress.com
A position within the software development or related fields which offers a high level of challenge,
responsibility, and the opportunity for continued career growth.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Experience in working on web development projects, dealing with both front, and back-end software.
● Strong background in all phases of the software development life-cycle including requirements,
design, implementation, and test.
● Well-versed in all aspects object-orientated programming and design patterns.
● Experience in developing and integrating multi-threaded and parallel processing application.
● Able to demonstrate excellent investigation and troubleshooting skills to assess issues and develop
resolutions for them.
● Experience in developing software within a CMMI level 3 or greater organization.
● Highly-experienced working in an environment with a lot of existing code being modified, debugging
software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
● Over 10+ years experience with Hardware / software integration, performing low-level software
● Work proactively, as a self-starter, recommended changes to processes and procedures, and provided
technical leadership and mentor junior team members.
● Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers.
● Results-oriented, with excellent organizational, communication, analytical, and people skills.
● Thrives in a busy, fast-paced working environment.
RAYTHEON, SAS, El Segundo, California - Senior Software Engineer II (2004-Present)
Develop software to upgrade F-15 and F/A-18 radar processor softwares, with the goal to increase air-to-air
target detection and tracking range, as well as providing higher resolution air-to-ground mapping at longer
ranges. Included component and subsystem integration, and testing with APG-63(V)3 Radar & APG-79 AESA
Radar Units and Modules in Systems Integration Labs. Responsible for conducting software bug fixes, system
testing and troubleshooting, and other engineering-related functions.
● Work with members of project team in leading and mentoring new personnel, and ensuring the
building and maintenance of high-quality software products.
● Identified, researched, and evaluated tools and technologies to increase project productivity and
effectiveness through Six Sigma.
● Develop, test, and integrate system application for radar protection.
● Wrote drivers for Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI), Flash extensions for Internal OS.
● Create Perl and Matlab scripts for quick-look reporting of real time analysis of flight test data analysis.
● Implement software to test requirements for Receiver-Exciter (REX) within object oriented
programming environment using MFC visual studio C++.
● Provide wrappers for middleware drivers to provide a common library for the manual and automation
control for REX hardware.
2. RAYTHEON, IDS, Sudbury, Massachusetts - Electrical Engineer (2001-2004)
Responsible for performing software and hardware upgrades for major sub-components in the Patriot
surface-to-air missile system. Duties included assisting with proposal for modification of Electronic Frequency
Converter, designing Master Reference Oscillator, testing and repairing REX and antenna hardware modules,
developing tools and processes to enhance testing and integration efficiency, and writing Matlab scripts to
simulate tuner circuit of a direct digital converter. Worked with researchers, program managers, and product
designers on different phases of the engineering project.
HAL COMPUTER SYSTEMS, Campbell, California - Electrical Engineer Intern (2000)
COMPAQ COMPUTERS, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts - Electrical Engineer Intern (1999)
GE AIRCRAFT ENGINES, Cincinnati, Ohio - Electrical Engineer Intern (1998)
● Worked on designing presentation of content delivered to end-user through the web. Handled web
page design, conducting network analysis, component testing (for engineering designs), and lab
testing proof-of-concept for system designs.
● Responsible for developing simulations and testing procedures in the production of the first 64-bit
proprietary SPARC architecture microprocessor. Also handled the modification of VHDL codes and
● Worked on the hardware design and analysis for the 64-byte Alpha 21264 processor, which delivered
the highest performance of any processor on other architectures. Personally developed automated
code to modify electrical schematic designs, and also conducted trade study on schematic designs.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, California
Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, 2008.
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, Cincinnati, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 2001.
● Digital Signal Processing - High Data Rate Modem: Developed software in C++ and Matlab for both
data processing and data transmission between computers, utilizing 2 TI DSP evaluation boards.
● Real Time OS - Real Time System using LEGO Mindstorms: Personally built autonomous robot to
make several smart decisions with use of sensors and measure system performance.
● Android Application: Created an application to sort contacts list by entry time instead default
alphabetical sort. The contact could then be dialed through the interface or browsed.
● Web Technologies: Retail Sales Web Service: Used wsdl, soap, and xml to monitor, and balance
inventory by automatically procuring commodities once inventory drops to its target level.
● Computer Networking: Created a peer-to-peer (P2P) network protocol with message passing as a
means of communication among clients and servers in a computing environment: To achieve dynamic
operations in the network and less source code rebuild, a configuration file format for data storage
and retrieval between nodes.
● Android Application: Developed an application that communicates via Bluetooth with an RF Id reader
to collect information for tracking inventory. The data is stored persistently using an SD card in a
database format using SQLite. Post-processing is performed on the data to support different business
logic and queries as desired.
3. EXPERTISE & SPECIAL SKILLS
● Programming/Scripting: Java, PHP, C/C++, Python.
● Apache Web Server
● MYSQL, SQLite
● Web Technologies: REST, XML, SOAP, AJAX, XPATH.
● Subversion, ClearQuest
● IDEs: Green Hills MULTI, Eclipse, Visual Studio.
● Mobile: iOS, Android.
● OSes: Mac OS X, Unix, Windows, Fedora Core Linux, VxWorks, Cygwin, Integrity RTOS.
● Control Theory: Fuzzy Logic, Neural Network
● Relational Programming: Prolog.
● Test hardware: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, RF power meter, signal generator.
● Six Sigma Specialist
● Active DOD Top Secret Clearance updated within the past year
● Accessed to Special Access Programs
● Multiple Corporate Achievement Awards (Individual and team) - 10+ (2004-present)
● Raytheon Fellowship Scholarship Awardee - 2007-2008
Available upon request