1. AISHA L. BATEMAN (Notary Public)
Tax Consultant 2015 - 2016
Barnes & Noble Inc., New York, NY (11/2015 – Present)
Sealed Air Corp., Elmwood Park, NJ (03/2015 – 11/2015)
• Preparing and filing sales & use tax returns, gross receipts, meals & beverage tax (State, County & City) -
Onesource web-based version.
• E -File returns.
• Set up and renewal of business occupational licenses.
• Assist in calculating use tax accruals & file.
• Coordinate and manager information document requests as assigned for sales & use and personal property tax
• Review and validate exemption certification.
• Address tax inquiries within the organization and/or taxing jurisdictions.
• Voucher Tax payments-checks and ACH Credit.
• Reconciliation of sales tax payable accounts for assigned entities.
• Prepared and reviewed transaction tax filings, including sales & use tax, unclaimed property, and business
• Assisted with multi-state and local sales and use tax audits, including gathering information, responding to audit
request, tax research and assisting in preparing appeals.
• Researched and documented sales and use tax issues and kept current on transaction tax developments.
• Prepared and reviewed monthly tax reconciliations for the tax liability accounts.
• Reviewed monthly use tax accruals for accuracy.
• Extracted data from diverse financial systems (SAP) for sales and use tax filings; maintained tax software and
• Maintained documentation in accordance with SOX and Tax Department requirements.
• Ensured processes are in place to obtain sales tax exemption certificates and periodically audited those processes
• Resolved issues that arise as a result of operations and various taxing jurisdictions.
• Assisted Domestic Tax Manager.
• Processed refunds and credits for tax exempt customers to our Accounts Receivables Department using NAFSC
CIT Group Inc., Livingston, NJ 2000 to 2014
Tax Accountant 2005 - 2014
Accountant Clerk 2000 - 2005
• Filed 800 Sales/Use Tax Returns monthly for various states and local taxing jurisdictions.
• Reconciliations – validated data and compiled sales/use tax reports used in the return preparation process.
• Managed tax compliance assignments including tax returns, tax provisions surplus calculations, and clearance
• Utilized the CorpSales and Vertex software to implement the sales/use tax compliance process.
• Researched tax issues using CCH online reference guide and CTadvantage.
2. • Prepared sales/use tax compliance for assigned states timely and accurately; prepared copies of sales/use tax
returns related to supporting documentation for scanning into Doculogic; and maintained a folder with copies of
checks and EFT payments.
• Calculated tax provisions and tax bases.
• Oversaw the processing of exemption and resale certificates.
• Oversaw preparation of business license filing for all states and localities.
• Maintained logs for sales tax notices, exemption, resale certificates, and business licenses.
• Handled property tax compliance.
• Assisted Business Units with multi-state transactions tax audits.
• Corresponded with taxing jurisdictions regarding tax notices received.
• Developed and executed tax policy to ensure sales/use and property tax compliance.
• Processed property tax refunds.
• Calculated the gross tax amount owed to all the states and local jurisdictions based on the amount of gross
receipts for business licenses; prepared checks for the required fee and mail to the states.
• Processed legal entity liability reports.
• Prepared and mailed search letters for unclaimed property.
• Prepared the final reports for unclaimed property and submit to assigned states.
• Conducted system testing of sales tax software for the sales tax group.
• Handled all incoming questions regarding sales tax exemption status and basic tax issues.
• Reviewed factual background, asset potential risks, quantify sales/use tax exposures, and prepared sales /use tax
models for assets, minimized sales/use tax exposure, and amended prior sales/use tax returns to maximize the use
of tax losses.
Booz, Allen & Hamilton, Parsippany, NJ 1997 to 2000
Sr. Accountant Assistant
• Oversaw the processing of exemption, non-exemptions and professional time sheets that are submitted
electronically for USA and Canada.
• Compiled and conduct uploads for large vendor payments.
• Assisted in managing vendors request and payments.
• Reconciled account reconciliation.
• Processed journal entries.
• Assisted in vendor invoice processing budget allocation administration.
• Administered the monthly expense reports.
• Maintained files.
• Assigned bookings for new and existing clients world-wide.
• Booking changes which include: cancellations, job closes, and extensions.
• Scheduled and coordinated meetings, emails and calendar.
• Date entry.
• BS – Business Administration- Centenary College
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
• WordPerfect 5.1/6.0, AS-400, LeasePro, Infolease, SharePoint, PeopleSoft, Coda, Bookkeeping,
• CorpSales, Doculogic(Aspen), Quantum(Vertex), PTMS, SAP, CCH, OneSource, WebToolKit, NAFSC
Application, and UPCS