ABOUT THE INDUSTRY
The automotive industry is a wide range of companies
and organizations involved in
the design, development, manufacturing, marketing
and selling of motor vehicles, some of them are called
automakers. It is one of the world's most
important economic sectors by revenue. The
automotive industry does not include industries
dedicated to the maintenance of automobiles following
delivery to the end-user, such as automobile repair
shops and motor fuel filling stations.
TVS was established by Mr. TV Sundaram Iyengar. He began with
Delhi first bus service in 1911 and founded T.V. Sundaram Iyengar
and Sons Limited, a company in the transportation business with
a large fleet of trucks and buses under the name of Southern
Roadways Limited. When he died in 1955, his sons took the
company ahead with several forays in the automobile sector,
including finance, insurance, two-wheelers/ three wheelers,
tyres and components, housing, aviation, logistics etc. The group
has managed to run 97 companies that account for a combined
turnover of nearly US$6 billion.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
• TVS Motor Company is the third largest two-wheeler
manufacturer in India, with a revenue of 15129 Cr INR
(2017-18). The company has an annual production
capacity of 4 million 2 wheelers & 120,000 3 wheelers.
• TVS Group spans across industries like Automobile,
Aviation, Education, Electronics, Energy, Finance,
Housing, Insurance, Investment, Logistics, Service and
• Has over 90 Companies under the umbrella.
RELATIONSHIP WITH SUZUKI
TVS and Suzuki shared a 19-year-long relationship that was
aimed at technology transfer, to enable design and manufacture
of two-wheelers specifically for the Indian market. Re-christened
TVS-Suzuki, the company brought out several models such as the
Suzuki Supra, Suzuki Samurai, Suzuki Shogun and Suzuki Shaolin.
In 2001, after separating ways with Suzuki, the company was
renamed TVS Motor, relinquishing its rights to use the Suzuki
name. There was also a 30-month moratorium period during
which Suzuki promised not to enter the Indian market with
• Driven by the customer
• The Industry Leader
• Global overview
• At the cutting edge
• Committed to Total Quality
• The Human Factor
• Responsible Corporate Citizen
We are committed to being a highly profitable, socially
responsible, and leading manufacturer of high value for money,
environmentally friendly, lifetime personal transportation
products under the TVS brand, for customers predominantly in
Asian markets and to provide fulfillment and prosperity for
employees, dealers, and suppliers.
- Multiple brands across portfolio
- Strong financial performance
- Strong R&D capabilities
- Growing Indian 2-Wheeler market
- Growth in three wheeler market
- Optimistic outlook for global
- Lack of Scale
- Overdependence on domestic market
- Intense competition
- Environmental regulations
- Improvement in public transport
• Motivation actually defines as a process that starts with psychological
need that activates behavior or drive that aims at reaching of desired
• Every employee will have a desire to show good quality in productivity
from them side to the manager for the pride of appreciation or for the
higher incentives. But sometimes the behavior of employees varies due to
situational factors. If the situations is according to the employee then they
reacts positively and hence tend to self-motivated. If the situations are
against the employees then they tend to react negatively hence, this is the
situation motivation for the employees required
NEED AND IMPORTANCE OF EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION:
• It is highly effective to perform in the organizations.
• Motivation of employee reduces absenteeism.
• Encouragement and motivation leads to innovations and
• It also leads to build up good relationships.
• It has a scope to improve employee morale.
• Motivation of employees leads to reduction in employee turnover.
20-30 yrs 44 44.0
31-40 yrs 52 52.0
41-50 yrs 3 3.0
Above 50 yrs 1 1.0
Total 100 100.0
Male 76 76.0
Female 24 24.0
Total 100 100.0
FINDINGS FOR THE STUDY
• It is evolved that the more no of employees are less than
experience of 10 years in the organisation.
• It is required that the concerned motivation is required periodically
in the organisation to get back the attention of the employees.
• It is known that hike in salaries, promotions, transfers and
appraisals etc. these are the few type of forms of motivational
aspects with respective to the employees in an organisation.
• It is identified that the age below thirty years of employees are
more interested in motivational aspect of pay incentives and above
thirty years people are interested in motivational talks.
• Sufficient feedback should be taken from the employee in
order to avoid some of the infrastructural facility problems so
that the employees themselves feel comfortable in doing their
• Proper motivational reviews should be given periodically to
the employees so that they can engage into their work with
• The high motivating incentives should provide in the
organisation it improves the effective play or involvement in
• Business research methods by S.N Murthy & Dr. U. Bhojanna 3rd edition
excel Text book.
• Text book Rewards and Intrinsic Motivation by Judy Cameron.
• Motivation: Theory and Research by Harold and Michael Drillings.
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.