After completing the unit, participants will be able to:
• Explain the purpose of the program and training
• Understand the IT-ITeS industry.
• Evaluate the market size and growth of IT industry.
• Describe the evolution of IT sector.
• Paraphrase the benefits to India and its ITians (The future scope).
Purpose of the Training Program
This training program is developed to impart
specific skills to individuals who wish to perform
as a Web Developer the training program is
intended for imparting basic skill and knowledge.
It is based upon National occupation standards.
The National occupation standards have been
described in the following subsection of this
After successful completion of training and
passing the assessment you will be issued a
certificate. This will prepare you to get employed
as a Web Developer in IT-ITeS companies.
Individuals in this job will be assigned one of the
many entry level roles in the IT industry including
support and help desk, testing, user interaction
design, maintenance, enhancement, development
and documentation. They will be responsible for
assisting in performing the key activities and tasks
involved in the assigned role.
Web Developer ( SSC/Q0503)
SSC/N0501 Contribute to the design of software
products and applications
SSC/N0503 Develop media content and graphic
designs for software products and
SSC/N9001 Manage your work to meet requirements
SSC/N9002 Work effectively with colleagues
SSC/N9003 Maintain a healthy, safe and secure
SSC/N9004 Provide data/information in standard
SSC/N9014 Maintain an inclusive, environmentally
Qualification Pack – Web Developer
Introduction – Information Technology
Information Technology covers a broad spectrum of hardware and software
solutions that enable organizations to gather, organize, and analyze data that
helps them achieve their goals. It also details technology-based workflow
processes that expand the capacity of an organization to deliver services that
generate revenue. The four main focuses of IT personnel are business
computer network and database management, information security, business
software development, and computer tech support.
As the IT industry evolves to meet the technology demands of today’s
workplace, different challenges are arising and IT professionals are striving to
meet them. Network security is by far the greatest concern for many
companies and they rely on their IT staff to prevent or stop these system
breaches. Read more about the basics of computer security here. Data
overload is becoming an increasingly important issue since many businesses
are processing large amounts of data on a daily basis, with many of them not
have the processing power to do so. Last, but not least, two of the most
essential skills needed from IT professionals are teamwork and communication
skills. Systems are complex and people are needed to help translate that task.
Therefore, IT professionals are the ones responsible for helping others get
their work done efficiently without the complex jargon of the technology
Introduction to IT-ITeS Industry
Over the past decade, the Information Technology (IT) industry has
become one of the fastest growing industries in India because of
which it has caught world attention. Indian IT-ITES industry grew at a
rate of 7.7% in FY2020. India is now being identified as powerhouse
for incremental development of computer software. It has grown from
USD 4 billion industry to USD 191 billion industry in FY2019-20
employing over 1,85,000 people. IT-BPO Industry has become growth
engine for the economy contributing substantially to increases in
GDP, urban employment and exports to achieve vision of 'young and
resilient India'. Although domestic market is growing in India but still
the major propellers of growth are exports.
The key segments that have contributed significantly to industry's
exports include- Software and services (IT services) and IT enabled
services. In the face of current recession though the mood is that of
cautious optimism but Industry is expected to witness sustainable
growth over period of two years. But at the same time while industry
has significant headroom for growth, as the competition is increasing
with China emerging as major threat, all the stakeholders of Indian IT
industry must give concentrated efforts to ensure that India realizes
its potential and maintains its leadership position in future also.
India’s Growing IT Market
• IT BPM industry revenues was estimated at around US$ 177 billion in FY2018-19 with a growth rate of 6.1 per
• Market size of IT and business services is likely to reach at US$ 13.1 billion with the growth of eight per cent
by end of 2019 and US$ 14.3 billion by 2020.
• The contribution of the IT sector to India’s GDP stood at 7.9 per cent in 2017-18.
• The domestic revenue^ of the IT industry is estimated at US$ 44 billion and export revenue is estimated at
US$ 137 billion in FY19.
• The market size of India’s IT-BPM sector is expected to grow to US$ 350 billion by 2025 and BPM is expected
to account for US$ 50-55 billion out of the total revenue.
• Spending on information technology in India is expected to reach US$ 90 billion in 2019.
• Outsourcing of large technology contracts by clients is expected to accelerate the growth of the industry in
• The cloud market in India is expected to grow three-fold to US$ 7.1 billion by 2022 with the help of Growing
adoption of Big Data, analytics, artificial intelligence and Internet of Things (IoT), according to Cloud Next
Wave of Growth in India report.
• India’s digital economy is estimated to reach US$ 1 trillion by 2025.