2. About Bill Gates
• William Henry "Bill" Gates III was born in Seattle, Washington on
October 28, 1955 is an American businessmen, philanthropist, and
chairman of Microsoft, the software company he founded with Paul
• He is consistently ranked among the world's wealthiest people.
During his career at Microsoft, Gates held the positions of CEO and
chief Software architect.
• He has also authored or co-authored several books.
3. Interest in Computer Programming
• When school has purchased a computer terminal and a block
of time of computers of General Electric.
• Gates started taking interest in programming.
• He wrote his first computer program on Tic-Tac-Toe. Gates
was fascinated by the machine and how it would always
execute software code perfectly. When he reflected back on
that moment, he commented on it and said, "There was
just something neat about the machine."
4. Notorious Computer Geek
• Since programming was in his blood, he along with his four
friends were banned by Computer Center Corporation for
exploiting bugs in the system so that they can get more time
• After the ban for students were offered to work in CCC.
Later they were hired by Information Sciences Inc. to write a
program in COBOL.
5. Incomplete Graduation
• In 1974, MITS Altair 8800 Computer came into market.
Gates and Allen had sought this event as their opportunity to
start their business of developing system emulators.
• They proposed the company to show their demonstration in
BASIC language. As a consequence of successful
demonstration they got an opportunity to develop the
emulator. Paul Allen was hired by the company. While Gates
took a leave from college to complete the project and never
returned to Harvard.
6. Launching A Revolution: Starting Of
• Soon after developing the emulator of Altair 8800 and when
Gates drop out the college, they bind into a partnership and
name their firm as Micro-soft. and had their first office
located in Albuquerque.
• Within a year, the hyphen was dropped, and on November
26, 1976, the trade name "Microsoft" was registered with
the Office of the Secretary of the State of New Mexico.
7. Keys to Gates Success
• Stick to your vision
• Develop an A-team
• Think Long Term
• Make a strong recovery
• Never Stop Learning
8. Awards and Achievements
• National Medal of Technology and Innovation (1992)
• Bambi - Millennium Award (2013)
• Lasker-Bloomberg Public Service Award (2013)
• Satellite Special Achievement Award for Outstanding
Contribution to Entertainment New Media (1997)
• Padma Bhushan (2015) – Social Work
• Bower Award for Business Leadership (2010)