2. THE INTERVIEW
• An interview is a system of dyadic
communication consisting of an interchange of
ideas and opinions through questions and
answers in order to achieve a purpose.
• There is an (IER) the interviewer and (IEE) the
• It is goal-oriented and is directed to a
3. Types of Interview
1. Informal Interview
- aims to supply facts, ideas, data and other
kinds of information to the interviewer and/or
- same as press interview.
2. Discussion or explanatory interview
- aims to exchange ideas, data and facts to
explore the problem through discussion or to
4. 3. Employment Interview
- this is important for new graduates
- aims to select an employee, to make a
decision on the basis of evaluating
qualifications and the person.
4. Performance Appraisal Interview
- aims to evaluate job performance,
placement, training and promotion as basis