Working with the NDA: Experience of the Namibia Nature Foundation
1. Working with the NDA
Experience of the Namibia Nature Foundation
Senior Project Coordinator – Technical Services
2. National Designated Authorities are government institutions.
Interface between each country and the GCF.
Represent, coordinate and protect the interests of their countries.
- Nominating national entities for accreditation.
- Coordinating national engagements and GCF processes.
- Recommending projects for the GCF through a No Objection process.
- Engage in the development of funding proposals.
- Ensure consistency of GCF funded projects with national priorities and
- Facilitate communication between national entities and the GCF.
Context: The NNF
Number of Employees: 46
Type of Organisation: National & Field Based
Headquarters in Windhoek
Regional Offices in Nkurenkuru, Rundu, Katima Mulilo, Swakopmund,
Thematic Areas: Social Ecosystems
Productive Land and Seascapes
Natural Ecosystems and Biodiversity
Global Environmental Issues
Programmatic Areas: Forestry
Freshwater Ecosystems / Fisheries
Combatting Wildlife Crime
Community-Based Natural Resource Management
- Limited contact.
- No active engagement, invitation to key discussions.
- Nominated to become AE in 2018 without progress.
- No clear climate change portfolio.
“CSO Readiness for the Green Climate Fund – Focus Africa”
2) CSO Platform on Climate Change
Offered to use the platform and convene meetings.
3) Consultation in development of our Strategic Plan
How can we support the NDA? What role to play?
- Understand the internal structures /
roles and responsibilities within the
- Identify champions or drivers.
- Organise regular exchanges and have
an open dialogue.
- Be supportive and responsive.
- Be engaged. Comment on documents,
join meetings, webinars etc.
Build a relationship and trust.
In the process of becoming delivery partner for Namibia’s National Adaptation Plan.
Nomination as Accredited Entity: The NDA has requested financial support for the
accreditation of DAE from the GCF Readiness Programme.
Involvement in Workshops and Consultations
― GCF Country Programme
― Revision of policies and strategies
― Climate Finance Training
Regular sharing of funding opportunities.
Sharing of funding proposals for review.