What is Redis?
• 全名 REmote DIctionary Server
• Redis is an open source, advanced key-value store. It is often
referred to as a data structure server since keys can
contain strings, hashes, lists, sets and sorted sets.
• key value store? cache? memory database? data structure
• FAST both read and write
• data can dump to disk
• many useful data structure
• Active community/ Antirez
•All nodes are directly connected with a
•TCP baseport+4000, example 6379 ->
•Node to Node protocol is binary,optimized
for bandwidth and speed.
•Clients talk to nodes as usually, using ascii
protocol, with minor additions.
•Nodes don't proxy queries.