● 4x founder/co-founder
● Currently VP of Marketing @ Skurt
● 12 years of marketing experience at
companies like GrowthHackers,
Microsoft, Qualaroo, Sticker Mule,
United Way, Eastern National, etc.
● Recently launched social media
growth hacking service GrowthPup.
9. #1 Lesson Learned:
Empathy For Customers =
Build better products. Better user experiences.
Better marketing strategies.
10. Faceless Numbers = Actual People
- EQ allows you a deeper understanding of the
actual needs and behaviors of your customers
which is essential to serving them.
- Knowing your customers beyond data helps
you deliver personal and considerate
experiences that have a direct effect on
retention and word of mouth.
12. Building Your MVC Profile
- Data + the ability to know your customer = solving the
desired outcome from your product/service.
- Figuring out your MVC will help you surface appropriate
marketing channels, campaigns and tactics to reach your
- Understanding your MVC goes beyond data.
Talking/interacting with customers and knowing your
customers on deeper level to craft channel-appropriate
messages that will grab their attention and compel action
- Use emotional intelligence to craft messages that not only
catch customers attention but also make them take the
actions you want them to.
13. Conversion Rate Optimization
- 95% of all purchasing decisions
(online/offline) are based on emotional
- The understanding of consumer psychology
and how they interact with your website or
app requires strong EQ.
- EQ provides inspiration for the testing
required for CRO and any multivariate
16. Contributing To Your EQ Growth
1. Step out of your comfort zone
2. Embrace things and people who are
different than you
3. Travel your ass off
4. Create genuine connections with the
people you go to war with each day.
Get out of the Silicon Valley
“bubble” to be able to
build/market products for the