Transcript of "List of research projects cmc vellore"
List of Research Projects Completed by UG & PG students of CMC Vellore, IndiaList of UG and PG Thesis1. A Study to assess the effectiveness of video assisted teaching on knowledgeand pre-procedure anxiety level of patients undergoing upper GI Endoscopy atKasturba Hospital, Manipal.2. A study to determine the effectiveness of an instructional programme on oralcare on knowledge, attitude and practice on oral care among cancer patientsreceiving chemotherapy in Kasturba Hospital, Manipal3. A study to determine the Quality of life of patients with head and neck cancerreceiving treatment in selected manipal group of hospitals, Karnataka4. A study to assess the factors influencing prehospital delay in seeking medicaltreatment among patients with myocardial infarction admitted to KasturbaHospital, Manipal5. A study to determine the effectiveness of cryotherapy on pain experienceduring Arteroi Venous Fistula (AVF) puncturing among patients undergoinghemodialysis in selected hospitals of Karnataka State6. A study to assess the coping strategies and its impact on the quality of life anddisability in patients with psoriasis in selected Manipal Group of Hospitals,Karnataka7. A study to assess the codependency and depressive symptoms among caregivers of alcoholics in selected hospitals of Udupi District, Karnataka
8. Speech intelligibility and its influence on mental health and self esteem amongadolescents with hearing impairement in selected special schools of Karnataka -9. Effectiveness of an awareness program on knowledge about dementia amongadults in a selected village of Udupi District, Karnataka10. Effectiveness of a video assisted teaching on Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT)in improving the knowledge and attitude of public in selected villages of UdupiDistrict, Karnataka11. A study to assess the effectiveness of a video awareness programmeregarding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) among primary schoolteachers of selected institutions of Udupi District, Karnataka, India12. A study to determine the knowledge on HIV / AIDS and alcohol abuse patternamong patients with alcoholism and its influence on sexual behaviour in selectedhospitals of Udupi District, Karnataka13. A correlative study on life events, depressive features and perceived socialsupport among patients with Diabetic mellitus in selected hospitals of UdupiDistrict14. A study to determine the effectiveness of therapeutic play on anxiety amonghospitalized preschool children in Kasturba Hospital, Manipal - Luan Julie Soares15. A comparative study to assess the effectiveness of videotaped instruction andpersonal instruction on child CPR among third year B.Sc. nursing students ofselected colleges of Udupi District16. Effectiveness of facilitated tucking in reducing the pain response duringvenipuncture among preterm neonates admitted in NICU and postnatal wards ofselected hospitals, Karnataka State
17. A study to determine the health related quality of life of hospitalized childrenwith chronic illness and its association with selected variables in selected hospitalsunder Manipal University18. A study to determine the effectiveness of an awareness programme onknowledge and attitude about Epilepsy in children among teachers in selectedanganawadi’s of Udupi District19. A study to determine the effectiveness of an educational programme on bodymechanics in terms knowledge and observed practice among the school agechildren in the Selected schools of Udupi District20. A study to assess the effectiveness of skin tap technique on pain responseduring Diphtheria Pertusis Tetanus (DPT) injection among infants in variousRMCW Centers of Kasturba Medical College21. A study to determine the knowledge and attitude of mothers regardingprevention of child sexual abuse in a selected village in Udupi District22. A study to determine the knowledge and attitude of married women in thereproductive age group regarding emergency contraception in selected ruralareas of Udupi District23. A study to assess the risk of developing vaginal Candidiasis among pregnantwomen and to find effectiveness of Vaginal Candidiasis in selected Rural Maternaland Child Welfare Services centers (RMCW’s) of Kasturba Medical CollegeManipal, Udupi District24. An exploratory survey to identify the adolescents with high risk for polycysticovarian syndrome and to find the effectiveness of an awareness programmeamong students of pre university colleges of Udupi district
25. Effectiveness of breast massage on experience of breast milk expression andvolume among mothers of preterm neonates admitted to NICU of selectedhospitals Karnataka State26. Effectiveness of lecture cum demonstration on first aid for selected minorinjuries among Accredited Social Health Activities (ASHA) in selected areas ofUdupi District27. A Study on the effectiveness of Video Assisted Teaching on detection of visualimpairments in children, among teachers in primary schools at Udupi district,Karnataka28. Effectiveness of an awareness programme on disaster preparedness andmitigation among school teachers in selected schools of Udupi District29. A study to assess the stress and coping among widows residing in selectedareas of Udupi District1. A qualitative study of the lived experience of patients suffering from lymphaticfilariasis and develop a guideline for promoting their self esteem, self efficiencyand compliance with the treatment modalities of patients attending a selecteddermatologic clinic at Kasargod, Kerala.2. A study to Evaluate the effectiveness of Individual and Family AwarenessProgramme on clinical profile, Health belief indicators, Knowledge andcompliance to dots among patients with tuberculosis attending selected healthcentres of Darjeeling District, West Bengal.3. Effectiveness of preoperative instruction on post – operative outcomemeasures among women undergoing abdominal hysterectomy in a selectedhospital, Bangalore – Karnataka State.
4. Perceptions of health care consumers, Deliverers and nurse educators onnurses, Nursing practice and nursing education system.5. A study to determine the correlation between staff nurses’ performance andstructural empowerment, And competencies of nurse managers, In selectedhospital at Muscat.6. Self-care agency, self-care practices, developmental self-care requisites and itscorrelation with selected basic conditioning factors among post menarcheal girlsfrom selected high schools, In Kannur, Kerala – A test of orem’s theory of selfcare.7. A Study of prevalence of hypertension and lifestyle practices of school teachersof selected schools in Belgaum city, Karnataka8. Effectiveness of multifaceted intervention on hand – hygiene practices amonghealthcare professionals and its impact on hospital- associated infection in theneonatal intensive care units of selected hospitals in Kerala.A study to evaluate the effectiveness of assertiveness training programmetowards prevention of abuses among adolescent girls from selected schools ofMangalore, KarnatakaA study to determine the quality of life and to assess the effectiveness ofnurse directed intervention on knowledge and health promotion behaviours ofType 2 diabetes mellitus patients in the selected community centers ofErnakulum District, Kerala.A study to evaluate the effectiveness of acupressure on menstrual discomfortsseverity among adolescent girls in selected higher secondary schools of
Malapuram District, Kerala.Effectiveness of hydrotherapy as a complimentary therapy for patients witharthritis among selected rural areas of Bangalore District.The effectiveness of two different modalities of treatment in reducing thenaturopathic symptoms and pain in the lower limbs among patients withdiabetic peripheral neuropathy in a selected hospital in BangaloreJessy JacobList of topics selected for dissertations by 2006-2008 Batch of M.PhilNursing students:• Lived experiences of patients with chronic heart failure and their family member and to develop a palliative care guide line for the nursing personnel working in a selected hospital of Kolkata.• Efficacy of a “Reflective Learning’ package on “Head Injury’, in improving the reflective learning ability and critical thinking ability of undergraduate nursing students of selected nursing colleges of Udupi District, Karnataka.• A study to determine the effectiveness of child to mother approach of health education on environmental health among children of selected upper primary schools of Kottayam District, Kerala.• Identify the risk factors of relapse pulmonary tuberculosis and evaluate the effectiveness of pulmonary rehabilitation on clinical profile and quality of life of patients with relapse pulmonary tuberculosis at selected tuberculosis sanitarium, Erode District, Tamilnadu.
• Effectiveness of a need based computer assisted education program (CAEP)) on Nursing management of post cardiac surgery clients for the registered nurses working in critical care units of a selected hospital in Kolkata.• A study to assess the effectiveness of a competency program on CPR among staff nurses in selected hospitals in Udupi District, Karnataka State.• A comparative study of the effectiveness of two teaching methods for ‘cranial nerve assessments’, on knowledge and skill of undergraduate nursing students of selected nursing college of Udupi district.• An exploratory survey to identify individuals with hypertension and to find the effectiveness of an awareness program on hypertension in a selected village of Udupi District, Karnataka.• A comparative study to determine the effectiveness of plain ice cubes versus flavored ice cubes in preventing oral mucositis associated with injection 5 – fluorouracil among cancer patients in selected hospitals of Karnataka State.• Comparison of second and third year BSc. (N) students clinical competency for subcutaneous insulin administration & its determining factors, in a selected hospital of Udupi District.• A study to identify the risk factors for obesity among house wives in selected rural areas of Udupi District, Karnataka State.• Case management of women at risk for cancer cervix in a selected village of Udupi District, Karnataka.
• A study to assess the risk of deep vein thrombosis among patients admitted to Kasturba Hospital, Manipal with a view to develop a protocol on Management and prevention of deep vein thrombosis.• A study to identify the risk status of teachers for hypertension and effectiveness of a workshop on hypertension as an educational method for teachers of selected educational institutions of Pokhara, Kaski District, Nepal.• An evaluative study to assess the effectiveness of video assisted teaching on awareness (knowledge & attitude) towards mental illness among general public of Udupi District, Karnataka• A comparative study on stress, coping strategies and quality of life of institutionalized and non-institutionalized elderly in Kottayam District, Kerala.• A study to determine the psychosocial consequences of Tsunami affected people of Kollam District, Kerala.• A Descriptive study on domestic violence towards married women in selected slum area of Udupi District, Karnataka.• A Co-relative study of burden & coping strategies among the care givers of patients with affective disorder in selected hospital of Udupi District, Karnataka.• A study to determine the effectiveness of an awareness program on knowledge on substance abuse and its consequences among the adolescents in a selected coaching centre of Namchi District, Sikkim.
• Effectiveness of a self-instructional module on administration of pediatric medications among the staff nurses in a selected hospital of Udupi District.• A study to determine the effectiveness of Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) on Physiological Parameters of Low Birth Weight (LBW) infants, in selected hospitals of Udupi District.• Effectiveness of a learning package on respiratory care of children on mechanical ventilator for nurses of intensive thoracic units in selected hospital of Kolkata, India.• A study to determine nutritional status of infants & effectiveness of planned teaching programme (PTP) on feeding practices for mothers of infants in selected areas of Udupi District.• A study to determine the effectiveness of a competency based teaching programme on prevention of Neonatal hypothermia for staff nurses in selected hospital of Kolkata, West Bengal.• Effectiveness of child birth preparation class in terms of behavioral responses during first stage of labour and outcome of labour among primigravid women in selected hospitals of Udupi district, Karnataka.• A randomized controlled trial of video teaching over lecture cum demonstration in improving knowledge & skill of nursing students on antenatal examination, in a selected college of nursing in Udupi district.• A study to determine the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on knowledge and attitude regarding selected aspects of planned parenthood among degree college students of Udupi District.
• A study to determine the effectiveness of teaching program on pubertal changes and menarche in selected schools of Udupi District.• Effectiveness of a planned teaching programme on antenatal care for primigravid women attending selected RMCW centres of Kasturba Hospital.• A study to determine biopsychosocial well-being and the family support of menopausal women in selected hospitals of Udupi District., Karnataka.• A study to determine the effectiveness of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), on pain and behavioral responses of primigravid women during the first stage of labour, in selected hospitals of Tamilnadu.• A study to assess the growth and development of toddlers, in relation to selected environmental variables in selected areas of Udupi District.• A study to assess the effectiveness of a teaching programme on brushing technique on the dental status of children in selected schools of Udupi District, Karnataka.• A study of knowledge, attitude and practice of Herbal Remedies (HR) among Kani tribes of Kerala.• Effectiveness of a planned teaching programme on environmental health among the Anganwadi teachers in selected Anganwadi centres of Udupi District.• A study to identify the knowledge, practice and utilization of the components of Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) program among married women in the selected villages of Udupi district.
• A study to determine the prevalence of vision loss and related risk factors among the individuals of 45 years and above in a selected village of Udupi district.• A study to determine the effectiveness of improvised handing over technique over the traditional system among staff nurse in selected hospital of Karnataka State.• A study to determine the effectiveness of ‘vibratory audio-visual stimulation’ (VAVS) to reduce ‘acute evoked procedural pain’ (AEPP) experienced by the individuals, during an invasive nursing procedure, in a selected community Health Centre, Calicut district.• A study to assess the effectiveness of postoperative arm massage for the reduction of pain and lymph edema, pain and disability in post-operative patients after mastectomy in selected hospitals of Thrissur District, Kerala State.• A study to assess the effectiveness of interpretive exercises in improving the interpretive ability of basic BSc. Nursing students in selected radio diagnostic images in a selected College of Nursing, Udupi District. Krishnendhu A K• A study to determine the prevalence & knowledge regarding low back pain among undergraduate nursing students at selected institutions of Udupi & Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka.• A study to determine the prevalence of self medication and the related factors among the final year non-health professional undergraduate students of Udupi District, Karnataka State.• The effectiveness of lumber support for the prevention of short-term backache among postoperative patients undergoing lower abdominal surgery under spinal anesthesia in selected hospitals of Kannur district,
Kerala.• A study of assess the knowledge and attitude regarding mental illness among staff nurses in selected hospitals of Kathmandu, Nepal.• Effectiveness of an information booklet on care of attempted suicide patients for staff nurses in a selected hospital of Mangalore city, Karnataka.• A comparative study to determine the perceived human rights between people with mental illness and normal individual in Kannur district, Kerala.• An exploratory study to determine the carriers preferences and associated factors among final year undergraduate nursing students in selected colleges of Mangalore city.• Effectiveness of Jacobson’s Progressive Muscle Relaxation (JPMR) technique on social anxiety among high school adolescents in a selected school of Udupi district, Karnataka.• A study to assess the impact of mobile phone and internet use on self reported behavior changes among undergraduate students of selected colleges in Udupi District.• A study to assess the effectiveness of vinyl bags in preventing hypothermia among pre-term infants in a selected hospital of Andhra Pradesh.• A study to assess the effectiveness of instruction programme on knowledge and attitude on legal aspects in health care among registered
nurses in selected hospitals in Udupi District, Karnataka State.• A study to determine the effectiveness of music therapy on self reported perception of anxiety of primi mothers and on the behavioral status of mothers & neonates during breastfeeding in selected hospitals of Udupi District, Karnataka.• Effectiveness of teaching session using audio-drama on knowledge regarding healthy life-style practices among visually impaired adolescent girls of selected blind schools in Kerala state.• A study to determine the quality of life of children with autism attending selected interventional centers in Kerala State.• A study to assess the pattern of using non-prescribed medications among people visiting selected community medical pharmacy in Gangtok, Sikkim. -prescribed among people• A study to determine the effectiveness of breast feeding for pain relief in neonates during heel prick in selected hospitals of Kottayam district.• A study to evaluate the effectiveness of Alcohol cleaning versus Sterile water cleaning for Newborn cord-care in selected hospitals of Udupi District, Karnataka.• An evaluative study to determine the effectiveness of a Planned Teaching Programme on prevention of uterine rupture among the women in reproductive age group in selected areas of Seetapur district, Uttar Pradesh.• A co-relative study to assess the effects of first trimester BMI and gestational weight gain on pregnancy, labour and fetal outcome of
primigravid women, in selected hospitals of Trivandrum district, Kerala.• An exploratory study to identify the menstrual, irregularities experienced and the remedial measures practiced by the late adolescent girls in selected colleges of Udupi District, Karnataka.• A descriptive study to determine the health problems and nursing care received by the postnatal mothers after caesarian section in the selected hospitals of Udupi District, Karnataka State.• A cross sectional study on knowledge & practice regarding osteoporosis prevention and risk assessment of women in a selected area of Udupi district, Karnataka.• A co-relational study on blood pressure, stress, & body mass index (BMI) among BSc. Nursing students of a selected nursing college in Udupi District.• A study to assess the knowledge, attitude and practices of dietary intake of high school students with a view to identify a factors influencing practices in selected high schools in Udupi District, Karnataka. Betsy Mary Thomas• Impact of child – to – child programme on knowledge, attitude, practice regarding water and noise pollution among the selected rural school children in Udupi District.• An exploratory study to identify the incidence of BPH among elderly men with view to administer on informational booklet in a selected village of Udupi District.• A Qualitative Study on lived Experience of Caregivers of Alzheimer’s Disease Clients and the Effectiveness of the Booklet on Caregiver’s Burden at selected
Alzheimer’s Care Centers in Kerala. 2. Effectiveness of Computer–Assisted Patient Education on Knowledge, perceived Self Efficacy for Self Management of Fatigue and optimal Physical Functional Status of Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Attending Selected Polyclinics in Salalah, Sultanate of Oman. 3. Impact of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) on Depression, Stress and Anxiety among Elderly Residing in Selected Residential Homes, Bangalore 4. Effectiveness of Caregivers’’ Experience Based Psycho-Education Programme Among Caregivers of Paranoid Schizophrenia Clients in Selected Hospitals of Kerala 5. A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Training of Mothers’ on Play Therapy for Improvement of Fine Motor Skills and Attention Span of Children with Cerebral Palsy in Selected Special Schools of Kerala• A comparative analysis of the outcome of two teaching-learning approaches adopted for teaching pharmacology to undergraduate nursing students, International Journal of Nursing Education, Dec-July 2010, Vol 2 (2): 47-51 2. Efficacy of an interactive session on nursing students’ perception of assertiveness in clinical milieu, International Journal of Nursing Education, Dec-July 2010, Vol 2 (2): 35-36 3. Perception and attitude towards work-life balance among Allied and Nursing health care professional, International Journal of Nursing Education, Dec-July 2010, Vol 2 (2): 13-14 4. Nursing students’ perception of effective teaching methods in learning pharmacology, Nightingale Nursing Times, vol 6 (4) July 2010: 45-49. 5. Knowledge of cardiac emergency drugs and its application in clinical practice among undergraduate students of a college of nursing in Karnataka, International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol 2 (1) Jan-June: 2010.
6. A study to assess the effectiveness of interpretative exercises in improvingthe interpretative ability of Basic B.Sc. Nursing students on selected radio-diagnostic images in a college of Nursing in Karnataka, International Journal ofNursing Education, Vol 2 (1) Jan-June: 7-9.7. Foot massage for easing cancer pain among cancer patients, NITTE Nursingjournal 2008.8. SILP for care of patients undergoing hemodialysis, NITTE Nursing journal20089. Subjective depressive feelings of elderly above 60 years, Nursing Journal ofIndia in Oct 2007. Source: Website: http://home.cmcvellore.ac.in