1. summarized by
Andi S. Boediman
Strategic Innovation Consultant
• Founded in 1971.
• Coffee, tea, and spice store.
• Named in honor of the first mate in
Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
• 1982: Schultz enters as head of marketing
• 1987: Jerry and Gordon sold Starbucks and Giornale
acquired it making Howard Schultz the CEO and the
name changed to Starbucks Corporation.
• 1996: Starbucks and Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream, Inc.
introduces Starbucks® Ice Cream and Ice Cream bars,
making Starbucks the number one brand of coffee ice
cream in the U.S.
• Began selling bottled Frappuccino
• 1998: Introduced a lighter and milder tasting line of
coffee and Tiazzi, a mixture of tea, fruit juice, and ice.
• Through Kraft Foods begins to extending the Starbucks
brand into grocery stores