SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
PTBE Employment Network
The goal of the PTBE Employment Network is to address the job loss situation
faced by members of our temple community by bringing together job seekers
with other temple members who are able to help them in their job search.
Job Seekers — Attend our brown bag lunch meetings every other Wednesday:
A forum for seminars, resources and a safe place to share job-hunting successes
and challenges. See the Kolenu and the Weekly Online Updates for specific
dates and topics.
Networking Partners — If you are well connected please volunteer to be paired
with appropriate job seekers to offer a professional coaching and job assistance
CONGREGANTS HELPING CONGREGANTS
Providing Job Seekers with broad exposure to the well-employed, well-connected
members of the community in hopes that through their generous contacts,
leads and referrals they help our job seekers in finding new employment.
Please look at the list of positions that our congregants are in search of and see
if you have any connections or ideas regarding employment possibilities. Profiles
providing more specific information about each job seeker are also listed below.
Contact Lolli in the temple office at (650) 341-7701 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
network chair, Joan Tabb Waisbein at (650) 372-0875 (email@example.com)
to connect you with the appropriate job seeker.
Job Seeker #201 Seeking a Marketing Writing and Editing, Website Maintenance or
Event Coordination position
Job Seeker #203 Seeking an Employee Communications position
Job Seeker #209 Seeking an Urban Planning or International Development position
Job Seeker #210 Seeking a Software Quality Assurance or Technical Support position
Job Seeker #211 Seeking a Project Management position in Graphic Design
Job Seeker #213 Seeking Marketing Consulting opportunities
Job Seeker #214 Seeking a Controller/Director of Finance position
Job Seeker #216 Seeking an Marketing Executive position
Job Seeker #217 Seeking a Customer Service position
Job Seeker #218 Seeking an Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable position
Job Seeker #220 Seeking a Sales and Marketing position
Job Seeker #223 Seeking a Front Office Medical Administrative Assistant or
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position
Job Seeker #226 Seeking a Laboratory position in the Clean Technology or
Job Seeker #228 Seeking an Interaction Designer/User Experience position
Job Seeker #230 Seeking a Program or Activity Director position in a senior living or
adult day facility
Job Seeker #231 Seeking a Senior Program/Project Manager or Planning position with a
Network or Data Infrastructure company
Job Seeker #232 Seeking a Public Relations or Marketing position
Job Seeker #233 Seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineering position in medical devices
Job Seeker #234 Seeking a Librarian position in an academic or public library
Job Seeker #235 Seeking a Controller or Chief Financial Officer position for a small to
midsize service or not for profit organization
Job Seeker #236 Seeking a part-time position at a non-profit organization that addresses
international needs such as poverty, genocide, human rights, etc.
Job Seeker #237 Seeking a Marketing Management position in a small to medium-sized
Job Seeker #238 Seeking a Senior Business Development or Marketing position with
software or other high tech businesses
Job Seeker #240 Seeking a Marketing and Graphic Design position
Job Seeker #201
A position utilizing 20 years of marketing, writing and editing, Web site
maintenance and/or event coordination skills.
• Companies looking to increase the quality of their online and printed
• Companies seeking in-house event coordination
• Companies with headquarters in the Bay Area
• Create and publish online newsletters and email blasts for almost 2000
subscribers; update Web sites; format and proofread publications
• Coordinate events from small dinners to retreats to large celebrations
• Authored press releases and magazine articles
• Twenty years in print publishing production
• Proofreader extraordinaire
• Web site maintenance, page layout and graphics computer programs
• MBA degree in Marketing Management from St. John’s University,
Back to Top
Job Seeker #203
An employee communications position where I would be developing and
executing company-wide business-related messaging to employees of a mid-
size to large corporation
• Companies who have Bay Area corporate headquarters
• Companies with greater than 500 employees
• Companies making internal business process or technology changes that
they need to communicate to their employees
• At Genentech (2005 – 2009), provided strategic project and program-related
employee communication, delivering messaging to more than 10,000
• At Genentech, redesigned, promoted and managed an executive
communication program with an interactive online forum for topics of interest
• As an independent consultant (2003 – 2005), developed and implemented
multifaceted employee communication plans, delivering messaging to
international audiences in multiple languages for Cisco Systems, Gap Inc.
and Silicon Graphics Ltd. UK.
• At Silicon Graphics (2000 – 2003), managed a corporate intranet web site for
more than 5,000 employees, providing standards and processes, as well as
determining site content and publishing schedule.
• 20 years of on the job real world experience!
• Numerous workshops and seminars including project management and
effective communication courses.
• Accounting, Economics and General Education courses at the Junior College
Back to Top
Job Seeker # 209
An urban planning or international development related position
• Municipalities throughout the Bay Area and elsewhere (I am happy to
• Urban / environmental nonprofit organizations
• Private sector companies working on urban planning projects
• Washington D.C. based international / urban development position in
government or for a nongovernmental organization
• U. S. Peace Corps, Bolivia – Microenterprise Development Volunteer, one-
year volunteership. Taught child miners English, tourism, and business skills.
Developed materials and presentations for tourism-related consultations and
microenterprises. Designed and conducted participatory assessments and
baseline studies of tourism demands, attractions, services, and opportunities.
• TransForm, Oakland, CA – Site Tracking Intern, Great Communities, three-
month internship. Conducted research on cities that have, are, or will be
completing land use planning processes for neighborhoods near transit.
Consultation with TransForm colleagues and allies regarding research.
• Detroit Eastside Community Collaborative, Detroit, MI – AmeriCorps
Urban Planning Intern, graduate school internship. Promoted the Conner
Creek Greenway in the community to persuade low-income residents to use
it. Coordinated monthly committee meetings by managing the various needs
of the residents and organizations involved. Researched best practices in
greenway management and maintenance, and compiled funding sources.
• City of Detroit, Property Analyst – graduate school internship. Analyzed the
status of the 34,000 tax-reverted properties the City of Detroit possesses in
conjunction with the city Planning Department. Examined tax records and
purchaser inquiries to determine which properties were currently available for
sale in order to begin revitalizing Detroit’s abandoned properties.
• Volunteer – Project Otzma, Israel, Lived and worked in developing communities.
Volunteered with Israeli absorption center to settle new immigrants. Taught English
to immigrants and students.
• University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, MA, Urban Planning, 2006
• University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, BA, Communication, 1999
• The American College in London – London, England, 1998
Back to Top
Job Seeker #210
A Quality Assurance or Technical Support position with a company that allows
quick learners and self starters to grow and contribute.
• Software companies within commuting distance of the Peninsula
• Companies in the web, mobile or game industries
• Companies that promote growth and learning of new skills
• At LeapFrog (2007 – 2008), led up to 8 QA projects at a time, including,
creation of test plans and test cases, staffing and bug base management.
• Worked with off shore teams. Performed Manual Black Box testing and
Localization. Used communication skills to improve processes in an Agile
• At Covenant Aviation Security (2002 – 2007), led a team of up to 10
baggage screeners, provided training and audited paperwork. Provided
customer service in high stress situations.
• At Konami of America (1999 – 2002), supervised a team of game testers,
recruited additional staff, and provided training and evaluations. Helped
create new department policies and set up weekly status meetings.
• 4 years of Quality Assurance and Video Game Industry experience. 10
years experience leading teams.
• Classes in Java, Visual Basic.NET and Ruby on Rails.
• Communication, Computer Science and General Education courses at the
Community College level.
Back to Top
Job Seeker #211
A graphics design position where I would be providing project leadership.
• Local companies with telecommuting benefits.
• Could work remotely for companies not in local area.
• Strong experienced Project Manager/Software Engineering
• Proven functional and technical expertise in graphic design and user
• Project Manager and lead developer for storage graphical user interface.
Shaped approach and provided technical leadership.
• Led Software Quality Certification Board.
• M.S., Industrial Engineering
• BA, Mathematics and Sociology
• Continuing Studies-Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, and
• Bronx High School of Science
Back to Top
Job Seeker #213
Senior level Silicon Valley marketing consultant ready to launch high tech
start-ups and start-up entities within larger organizations. Solid track record of
success in leading executive teams to build strategic plans, programs and
outreach to get the company ‘on the map’.
Additionally 10+ years of corporate marketing management at Apple Computer,
3Com and Memorex.
An unusual combination of high energy, business acumen and creativity.
(Additionally, Founder and Chair of this PTBE Employment Program.)
• Funded, typically second stage start-ups with product/service clearly
defined, ready for some marketing muscle to develop branding,
positioning, messaging and developing/implementing strategies and
programs to get focused visibility and traction in the market
• Led all start-up marketing, branding and communications for the
successful introduction and IPO of Com21.
• Initiated, built and managed a growing team for the first worldwide
marketing at 3Com including: user groups, developer support program,
advertising, direct marketing, success stories and all-channel advisory
• As an independent consultant, developed and implemented multifaceted
branding or re-branding of companies including Brightlink, Luminate,
Xpedion, Castelle, E-Net and more.
• Developed and delivered award-winning sales training at Apple
Computer and Memorex.
• Excellent at selecting and managing outside agencies.
• Coaching experience in: all facets of communications including speech
writing, presentation skills, business communications and career growth
• B.A. Psychology, cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, PA
• Marketing and Business classes at The Wharton School
• M.A., Instructional Technology, University of Oregon
Back to Top
Job Seeker #214
Controller/Director of Finance: To add value to an organization by
leveraging my finance and accounting experience in a start-up or a mid-size
• Web services, Software, Saas, Internet and Biotech companies based in
the Bay Area
BookRenter.com – Controller 2007-2008
• Managed general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts
receivable, fixed assets, inventory, equity and tax for a revenue-generating
• Established credit line with primary vendor eventually obtaining a 4X
increase due to negotiation and superior cash management.
Airtrade International – Director of Finance, Accounting, HR
• Negotiated and executed an agreement for payment processor thereby
saving the company $2 million in annualized expenses.
• Led company in monitoring income, expense, cash and cash flow to
maximize predictability and stability as company grows to over $40 million
in gross sales.
RMC – Finance & Accounting Consulting Firm – Controller
• Developed and prepared financial models and analysis of income
statement and cash flow forecasts for various companies for presentation
to the private equity and venture capital community.
Apple Computer – Portfolio Manager 1997-2000
• Managed and traded $2 billion investment portfolio ensuring acceptable
returns and compliance with reporting requirements leading to over $50
million in annualized revenue.
• University of California, San Diego, CA – BA, Psychology; Minor:
• University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA – MBA, Finance
• 20 years of experience in managing all facets of Finance and Accounting
in a variety of organizational settings.
Back to Top
Job Seeker #216
Seeking an executive level marketing position, leveraging my well-established track record of
success in using research, product development and technology to drive business and measure
With experience in small, start-up environments as well as in large corporations, I can utilize my
expertise in customer, competitor and market research and analysis to drive customer acquisition,
retention and loyalty. As a strategic thinker, I have the ability to bring disparate parts together in a
cohesive plan. This skill is reflected my ability to meet strategic goals and deliver measurable
results by optimizing underlying processes across all functional areas. Most recently, I was
Managing Director, Strategic Marketing at FedEx.
• Directed comprehensive product lifecycle management creating synergies across
cross-functional and cross-operating company teams to bring multiple new
services/enhancements to market including leveraging technology to deliver an
industry first – automatic, proactive notification of late shipments – which generated
more than $1M incremental revenue in first 6 months after launch.
• Developed a go-to-market product recommendation for entering the eastbound
transpacific market in Yantian, Hong Kong, and Shaghai including analysis of
financial commitment and revenue streams needed to drive 8% market share gains
and over $450M in revenue over first 5 years.
• Produced Online Technology campaign designed to educate customers while driving
usage of new applications resulting in incremental revenue of $1.2M over a three
month period and a profit ROI on the campaign of 2:1.
• Drove the product rationalization necessary to support the acquisition of a $1B
company and integrate products / services with those of a $3.5B; project scope
included rationalization of domestic and international features of services, channels
of distribution, customer support and technology applications in order to provide the
broadest portfolio possible while at the same time gaining economies of scale and
enhancing the customer experience.
• Drove development and implementation of customer loyalty model in order to link
customer loyalty to employee satisfaction, financial measures and internal
performance metrics with the result of identifying customers trigger points that can be
used to generate incremental revenue of over $300M.
Apple; Logitech; National Semiconductor; Intel; Electronic Arts; TiVo; Agilent; Oracle, McKesson;
Visa; additionally transportation and 3rd party logistics companies.
Masters Business Administration (Marketing concentration), Santa Clara University, Santa
Clara, California. March 1993.
Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude & Special Honors, Interdisciplinary Honors, University of Texas,
Austin, Texas. May 1988.
Back to Top
Job Seeker # 217
I know I can be your performer, ready to hit the ground running. Experience, and
strong belief to excellence in customer service. Committed within my own core
values to have integrity, respect for others, be self motivated and take the
initiative to think and problem solve on my own.
• To obtain a position with a professional organization
• Accurately assist clients; ensure client satisfaction by providing friendly
and proactive coordination on their behalf.
• Able to develop office operations manual.
• Dedicated professional
• Accustomed to providing exceptional client service in diverse
• Creative problem solver with outstanding communication skills.
• Committed to client needs and company values.
• Operate multiple telephone switchboards.
Successful transition through several software implementations. Numerous
Customer Service classes. Train and coach on various software application as
well as develop office operations manual. Independently initiate, identify and
coordinate a positive team atmosphere. Numerous years of general clerical or
office support experience, which has included dealing with the public.
Back to Top
Job Seeker #218
Do you know of an opportunity for a person with proven accounts payable or
accounts receivable expertise? I have over nine years of proven accounts
payable experience, coupled with three years of solid accounts receivable
experience. I offer my credentials for your review.
Areas of Proficiency
* AP matching & data entry process * Customer invoicing & statements
* Vendor A/C coding & reconciliation * Credit card payment processing
* Functional currency translations * Lock box receipt processing
* Check selections & preparation * Cash receipts journal
* Outgoing wires * Collections
* 1099 and sales & use tax preparation * Reconciliation
* Worldwide expense reports * Customer interface
* Vendor interface (including Fortune 500) * Reconciliation of bank statements
* Creation of AP instructional manuals * Staff development
* Management of a health benefits program
Possible Target Companies or Organizations:
I have worked in companies encompassing the biotech, automobile, insurance and
software industries. I’m looking for that opportunity in a company located from
Brisbane to Redwood City. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss my
background and expertise at greater length in regards to related openings in your
company. A resume is available upon request. (Contract, Perm or Temp)
Additionally, my career has encompassed the utilization of QuickBooks on line
plus, Great Plains Lawson, Solomon, SAP, Platinum and other software platforms.
I am proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word, and continue to maintain a ten-key-by-
touch skill set. San Francisco State.
Back to Top
Job Seeker # 220
Passionate B2B sales professional, utilizing a highly skilled consultative sales
approach that generates new customer revenue. Innate ability to quickly grasp
customer needs and requirements then propose solutions that provide a competitive
edge. Building a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with customers at the C level has
produced a proven record of accomplishment that resulted in multiple new business
Previously held Major Account Executive positions at Xerox, IKON and Ricoh
Ability to effectively develop and execute strategic relationships at corporate
executive levels to drive net new sales
• 3 time Century Club winner for sales excellence
• Sold SAP a Fortune 100 company with a $395,000 sale solving a major
document workflow issue allowing them to integrate with their ERP system
and print documents faster and at a lower cost
• Won RFP bid for $590,000 sale with a SLED account for a new facility
• Closed a $550,000 sale at a school district that automated their imaging,
printing and copying requirements and increased staff productivity by 15%
• Managed multiple complex sales cycles understanding customer
requirements and presenting recommendations to the executive team
demonstrating a value driven ROI
• Secured new business by understanding customers needs, helping them
build their business case, and becoming a trusted advisor.
• Success Factors
• Clearwell Systems
• Anderson Consulting
• Delloite Consulting
• Echo Sign
• Mark Logic
B.S. Business Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rutherford, NJ
Miller-Heiman Strategic Selling
Job Seeker #223
Obtain a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position
Obtained certification as a Medical Administrative Assistant (No Internship)
Looking for a position in a Doctor’s office as a Front Office Medical
• Hospitals or Doctors offices where I can utilize my skills as a Medical
• Companies where I can utilize my skills as an Administrative Assistant
• At Prudential I edited and maintained Outlook office calendar for daily,
weekly, and monthly meetings on behalf of management.
• At Prudential I prepared and distributed four weekly merged database
mailings to approximately 400 potential real estate agents.
• Receptionist – Prudential California Realty
• Front Office Receptionist to Administrator – Peninsula Temple Beth El
• Receptionist – PML Management
• AA in Administrative Assistant
Back to Top
Job Seeker #226
·To be a part of a company in the clean technology or biotechnology
·An entry-level career position with the opportunity to grow within the
·A position that will allow me to integrate my educational background,
practical experience, and interests
·Cleantech: renewables (solar, wind, biofuel), transportation, waste
management, smart grid, etc.
·Biotech: research, drug-development, etc.
·Start-ups, venture-backed companies
oDesigned and conducted 2-month experiment and presented findings
to senior executives and department heads
oPerformed research experiments under anaerobic conditions
·US Geological Survey
oUsed numerous machines to reduce a variety of raw materials to
sample condition in preparation for elemental testing
oMaintained lab database, samples and machinery in addition to
performing laboratory upkeep
·Bachelor of Arts in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology (MCDB)
from the University of Colorado at Boulder
oMinor in Geology, with emphasis in Climate Change and
•University of Colorado Business Intensive Certificate (CUBIC)
Back to Top
Job Seeker #228
Apply my 12+ years as an Interaction Designer / User Experience professional in
a multi-disciplinary team environment. Collaboratively drive the design of useful
and usable software applications by articulating and demonstrating an
understanding of the customers, their goals, pain points and what success looks
like. Open to consulting/contract or full time employment.
Application Architecting and Conceptualizing for 5 years
Web and desktop application experience
Creation of all types of design artifacts from sketches to wireframes to low fidelity
Usability Research Support for 7 years
Redesign and Iterative Releases of Enterprise Applications for 10 years
First Interaction Design Project 12 years ago
Interest in Human Factors and Design Process for over 20 years
Possible Target Companies or Organizations:
I have worked for companies that create large and small scale enterprise
software. I am looking for a company that values design and realistic
implementation of design process while keeping a clear focus on sustainable
business practices developing web service applications or client/server
Masters of Arts in Industrial Arts, San Francisco State University, CA.
Emphasis: Information Design and User Interaction Design, GPA 4.0.
Classes of interest: Ethnographic Field Methods, HTML.
Thesis: design, development, and usability testing of a 3-D information space
Back to Top
Job Seeker #230
To obtain a Program or Activity Director role in a senior living facility, using my
demonstrated skills in program development, community outreach, and project and
Summary of Qualifications
• Over 15 years experience in program development and project planning for
corporate and community organizations
• Manage fundraising and social events
• Volunteer work in the senior community
• Solid administrative and marketing communications experience
• Strong reporting and budgeting experience
• 15 years of corporate human resources experience, specializing in compensation
• Managed administration of a human resources program which included:
managing vendor relationships, partnering with creative services teams,
designing and distributing brochures, emails and other internal marketing
• Executed multiple fundraising and social events by managing overall logistics,
marketing communication, menu, entertainment and volunteer recruiting. Lead
volunteers throughout planning, setup, during and cleanup of events.
• Created and managed project plans, communication and administration of
annually-run compensation programs at three companies with distinctly different
objectives and communication needs.
• Conducted educational presentations to managers and HR business partners on
utilization of total rewards programs to retain and motivate employees.
• Tracked revenue and expenses for a regional recruiting office. Evaluated costs
by analyzing HR data of cost-per-hire, number of requisitions and employee
• Participated in diversity training, recruiting and team building events, on-boarding
and employee engagement initiatives.
• Prepared annual business unit reports for 24 year-end organizational reviews.
• Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Business Objects
• Org Plus
• PeopleSoft and Oracle ERP software
• Company proprietary programs
Activity Involvement and Interests
Yoga – 10 years (Ashtanga, Iyengar, Vinyasa, Restorative Yoga and Meditation),
Feldenkrais (gentle movement and body awareness), Cooking, Photography, Jewelry
making, Pottery, Improvisation, Bicycling, Sewing, Hiking, Gardening and Crocheting.
Back to Top
Job Seeker #231
·Senior Program/Project Manager or Planning position with a Network or Data
·Organizations with a Network Infrastructure product or service, which they
provide to the general business community or large internal IT department.
Specific Targeted Companies:
·Cisco, IBM, SGI, Juniper, Equinix, Franklin Templeton, HP, Visa, etc.
·29 years in Information Technology with Visa, Sun, and several pre-IPO
start-ups such as, Concentric Network and Pay-By-Touch as well as
Consulting; with titles of Sr. Network Engineer, Sr. Project Manager, Chief
Network Planner, Security Architect, Product Manager and Engagement
·MS Telecommunications Golden Gate University
·BS Business Administration/Psychology – University at Albany
·Certified Information System Security Professional
Back to Top
Job Seeker #232
• A position that will allow me to use my public relations, marketing and
• Seeking to contribute to efforts in increasing general productivity, creating
more community contacts and enlarging existing customer base within a
• Supported account executives with a variety of PR-related assignments
including: drafted press releases, prepared PowerPoint presentations,
updated media lists and conducted editorial research for various industry
trade magazines and trade shows
• Built comprehensive knowledge of publications and editors to identify best PR
placements for clients
• Maintained media contact database by utilizing Cision’s media resources
• Managed approximately 200 volunteers for the distribution of more than 310
thousand toys and 10 thousand coats for an annual Thanksgiving event,
organized list of vendors, translators, and entertainers for events
• Enlisted many schools and universities to gather coats in support of families
for the Coats for Kids Project
• Determined employment eligibility for underprivileged middle and high school
students; scanned and organized applications and files; entered data for
many underprivileged children
• Designed multiple Excel spreadsheets to organize lists of clients, vendors,
and editors for television broadcasting placement in support of consumer
• Coordinated meetings and appointments, reserved rooms, and ordered food
for meetings, managed calendars, contact files, arranged travel, including air
and ground transportation, hotels, restaurants, meeting facilities, prepared
confidential and time-sensitive letters, memos and reports, organized on-site
and off-site meetings, conferences and events
• An entry-level position where I can be instrumental in meeting the goals of
• It is important for me to build customer satisfaction, meet the needs of any
employer and expand revenue for any company
• Northeastern University, Boston, MA, MS in Employee Communication,
Certificate in Project Management (specializations in Program and Product
• Northeastern University, BA in Journalism, specializations in Public
• Relevant Classes: Communicating with the Media, Intercultural
Communications, Negotiation Mediation, Professional Speaking, Project
Management Practices, Project Scheduling and Evaluation, and Promoting
Job Seeker #233
A Senior Mechanical Engineering position where I can leverage my experience
in the design of plastic parts and motor driven assemblies, such as in consumer
and medical device development industries
• Medical device or diagnostic companies in the SF to Sunnyvale area like Life
Technologies, Pacific Biosciences, Medtronic, and Intuitive Surgical
• Industrial Design / Engineering Consultancies like IDEO and Lunar
• Companies that make physical products like electronics or robotic
• Designed three hand held medical devices for high volume plastic injection
molding, using SolidWorks, ProE and state-of-the-art molding techniques.
• Designed a 22” LCD enclosure and a 7” touch screen assembly for a top of
the line Maclaren sports car.
• Ensured product safety through the use of FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for
metals and empirical testing such as drop, shock, and ESD.
• Led the industrial design, human factors, user interface and risk analysis
tasks for a pulmonary medical device coordinating five engineers, marketing,
executives and outside consultants.
• Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo – B.S. Mechanical Engineering,
• 10+ years on the job experience
• SolidWorks, ProE, FEA, GD&T Proficiency
• Stanford University, Computer Security Certification Training, 2005
Back to Top
Job Seeker #234
A librarian position in an academic or public library where I can join a
passionate team that delivers library services to a diverse population.
Public libraries in the Bay Area
Public and private college and university libraries in the Bay Area
• As Geospatial Librarian for the National Digital Geospatial Archive
(2005-2009) launched the organization by selecting and acquiring geospatial
data that is now securely held at the Stanford Digital Repository.
• Created governance policies, collection development policies, and content
• Liaison to digital repository development team ensuring NGDA project goals
• Extensive communication with disparate stakeholders throughout the project.
• Original and copy cataloging of maps
• Project Manager for SAL 3 Transfer Project - managed move of
approximately 17,000 map sheets from Branner Library to Stanford Auxiliary
• Catalog record creation, maintenance and updates using Unicorn by Sirsi.
• Map ordering and cataloging as needed.
• Wrote large format scanner user guide for patrons. Supported scanner use.
• Analysis of geospatial data catalogs for future implementation at Stanford
San Jose State University - Masters of Library and Information Science
University of California Berkeley Extension - TESL Certificate (Teaching English
as a Second Language)
University of Wisconsin Madison - Masters of English Literature
William Smith College - Bachelor of Arts, English Literature
Back to Top
Job Seeker #235
I am seeking a position of Controller or Chief Financial Officer for a small to
midsize service or not for profit organization.
Not for profit or professional services organization. A company that is seeking a
motivating supervisor, detailed organizer, and big picture creative thinker.
Controller- expanding role over 15 years along with steady growth of not for profit
Budget – development; frequent and thorough monitoring and forecasting.
Cash management- successful minimal use of lines of credit; implemented
quicker collection procedures.
Accounting- changed monthly reporting from cash to accrual; established
internal control procedures.
Human resources- enhanced benefits to reduce turnover; revised
employee handbook for compliance and company policies; restated 403(b) plan
Facilities- managed projects from $10,000 to $1.8 million.
Meets regularly and advises several committees of Board of Trustees.
Reporting Manager- 7 years for a growing national bank.
SEC reporting; supervised analysis projects; set up accounting
procedures for new products; supervised consolidations of subsidiaries.
Certified Public Accountant-5 years - audit and tax.
Education and License:
MBA, Accounting, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York
BA, Economics and Sociology, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Certified Public Accountant- I continue to attend seminars sponsored by the
California Society of CPAs.
Back to Top
Job Seeker #236
A part-time position at a non-profit organization that addresses international
needs such as poverty, genocide, human rights, etc.
Parent Teacher Association & San Carlos Educational Foundation San Carlos, CA
Board Member & School Representative, San Carlos Educational Foundation: oversee
fundraising communications and planning
School District Liaison, Measure S Parcel Tax Committee: oversaw campaign
communications/strategy for district schools
PTA President, Arundel Elementary School: oversaw fundraising, events, policy, planning;
assisted with collaborative programs between district schools
PTA Communications Chair, Arundel Elementary School: Did all layout, editing, and much
of the writing for school newsletter
Middle College High School at City College of San Francisco San Francisco, CA
Was primary writer of successful grants to found & renew program
Managed budget of $130,000
Oversaw program for inner city students to take Community College classes
Served as liaison between high school and college staff
Designed student and staff workshops
Middle College High School at Contra Costa College San Pablo, CA
John F. Kennedy High School Richmond,
High School English Teacher
Taught English and American Social History, grades 9-12
Was a lead teacher, locally and nationally, for American Social History Project
Compiled successful school portfolio submission for Annenberg Foundation
Awarded Teacher of the Year, West Contra Costa Unified School District
Participated nationally in Critical Friends Review program
Scheidegger Trading Company San Francisco, CA
Sourced and sold American food products to Southeast Asian importers
University of California, Berkeley: Secondary English Credential, Bay Area
Project; Alpha Delta Kappa; Most Distinguished Student Teacher
University of California, Davis: B.A., International Relations/Political Science;
Phi Beta Kappa
Back to Top
Job Seeker #237
Objective: A Marketing Management position in a small to medium-sized company
where my breath of experience, creativity and energy can be fully utilized
Marketing Program Development and Management ● Social Media Marketing
E-mail Marketing ● Collateral Development and Production ● Marketing Communications
Website Development ● Community Development ● Promotions ● Branding ● Messaging
Vendor Management ● Lead Generation ● Partner Management
Marketing professional with broad experience and a reputation for "getting things done".
Creative problem solver familiar with all aspects of marketing from collecting market
requirements through writing of success stories and building user communities. Respected
for creative ideas and ability to work well across functional organizations.
·Small to medium-sized company with a centralized marketing organization.
·High tech or consumer product company.
• Marketing Programs Manager at Sun Microsystems
o Wrote and produced product data sheets, white papers, success stories,
sales kits, program guides, promotional materials, CD kits and users'
manuals. Selected and managed 3rd party creative vendors.
o Developed and implemented comprehensive outreach programs including
email campaigns, contests, collateral, and Web pages to drive
participation in marketing programs and industry events.
o Managed product web pages, introduced surveys and other input tools to
increase visitor participation and gather customer data; integrated blogs
and Twitter feeds. Built out partner pages; simplified product download
o Managed presence of developer program on Facebook and Twitter
o Managed advertising media vendors; tracked & modified placements;
• Market Development Manager at Sun Microsystems
o Managed relationships and co-marketing activities with strategic
developers; drove early adoption of new technologies.
o Acted as a liaison between ISV partners and sales organizations.
Created materials to educate sales on partners' products to facilitate lead
·B.S. Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing, Minor in
Psychology. San Jose State University
·Inbound Marketing Certified Professional, Inbound Marketing University / HubSpot
Job Seeker #238
Senior business development or marketing role with software or other high tech
businesses to drive top-line growth through strategic alliances and market
• Small to mid-size funded technology start-ups looking to add to their
senior management team and take their company to the next level
• Larger businesses that value entrepreneurial experience and leadership
• Enterprise software companies – on-premise or SaaS (preferably SaaS)
• B2B-oriented platform, internet, and digital media businesses
• Co-founded and built a global brand and category leader in B2B internet
e-commerce that raised $105 million and grew to 190 people in 8 offices
around the world; served as VP of Engineering and Product Management
and hired and managed team of 25 engineers and product managers
• Built and managed strategic alliances with global systems integrators and
management consulting firms including development of business and go-
to-market plans, field enablement, sales and marketing asset creation,
account strategy, sales support, pipeline management
• Negotiated and closed referral, reseller, and OEM licensing agreements
with independent software vendors – including SaaS and open-source
vendors - and hosting service providers
• Deep knowledge of pricing, profit optimization, and revenue management
processes and applications across various industry verticals
• Experience working with and competing against major ERP and CRM
• As board member and corporate VP, led the sale of a closely-held $50
million chemical manufacturer and distributor through a competitive
• Industry and vertical market experience includes telecommunications,
chemicals, oil and gas, semiconductors, high tech OEM
• Technical experience includes software and database development and
• B. Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
• M.S. Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
• Graduate marketing, finance, and business classes – 50% of an MBA –
Georgia Institute of Technology
Back to Top
Job Seeker #240
• A position that utilizes both Marketing and Graphic design skills
• E-mail Service Providers (i.e., Lyris, Vertical Response,
• Any company that needs help with marketing on the internet
using social media, SEO, SEM and e-mail
• Web-centric services and e-commerce companies (i.e.,
• Nonprofits – educational institutions (i.e., GGU, UC Berkeley)
• 20+ years in direct marketing for print and online publishers
• 10 years in graphic design freelancing with work for nonprofits
• 2-3 years of freelance web design for small businesses
• Marketing project management
• Branding management
• Design for print/web/e-mail
• HTML/CSS, learning Joomla
• Campaign analysis
• BA, Creative Arts, San Jose State University
• BFA, Graphic Design (in progress) Academy of Art University,
Back to Top
Job Seekers: If you are currently seeking employment and would like
to join our network, send your resume to Lolli Freedman
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also include a note with the following
• Type of job you are seeking (e.g., finance, marketing,
administrative, etc.) and if you are looking for full-time or part
• Your geographic requirement (San Francisco Bay area and/or
open to relocation)
Networking Partners: If you are currently employed (or retired and
still connected in professional circles) and enjoy helping people in the
employment arena, please contact Lolli in the temple office at (650)
341-7701 (email@example.com) or Joan Tabb Waisbein at (650)
As a networking partner you will be matched with 1-2 job seekers
based on specific the criteria. You will offer personal assistance in the
form of getting to know the job seeker's situation and seeing how you
can enhance their professional network through personal introductions
and other strategies.
Please provide us with the following information:
• Your name
• Your job title and company or past job title and company
• The industry you are in - # of years in that industry and any
• The university/ies you attended
• Professional groups with whom you affiliate
• Other information that could help us understand your
professional situation and ability to help others with employment