3. Apple Inc. (formerly Apple Computer, Inc.) is anAmerican multinational corporation that designs andsells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers APPLE
5. 1975-Steve Wozniak was working for HP by day andwas a computer hobbyist by night.He realized that the price of some computer partshad gotten so low he could buy them himself.Decided to work with fellow hobbyist Steve Jobs tobuild their own computer.On January 4, 1976-released the Apple 1(for $666)and started Apple Computers.
6. APPLE 1
7. In 1977, Apple II was releasedfor $1298.Had color graphics-a first forpersonal computer.Originally used an audiocassette drive for storage butlater it was replaced by a floppydisk drive.Had 64 KB of memorySupported the BASIC program.
8. Apple III was released on May 1980Had 128K of RAMDesigned for business-expensive!! > $4300Had lots of problem.
9. Apple Lisa was released in1983Became the first personalcomputer sold to the publicwith GUI.Aimed at large businessesCommercial failure due to highprice tag (almost $10,000) andlimited it could run
10. The Introduction of MacintoshApple introduced Macintosh in1984Sold for $2495Sales not initially as strong asdesired
11. Macintosh Plus wasreleased in 19864 MB of memory$2600
12. Macintosh PortableApple’s first attempt at a portable computerReleased in 1989$65008 MB RAM
13. More portable efforts……Power Book 100Released in 199140 MB hard drive8MB RAM$2500
14. Various other Apple efforts…In 1987-2001Macintosh(desktops)PowerBooks(Laptops)Servers
15. Other Major Apple Milestones……1998-introduces a new all in one computer-the iMac2001-Mac OS X2001-first Apple retail store available2001-iPod introduced2003-iTunes store introduced2007-iPhone introduced
16. Steve Jobs: “The Man WhoThought Different”
17. iPOD PRODUCTS iPod iPadiPhone Apple TV
18. Software OS X (latest version is OS X Mountain Lion) iLife (iMovie,iPhoto) iWork iCloud
20. • Apple is a premium brand computer that does not attempt to compete on price.• The company has reduced prices after some initial product launches.• It uses skimming and premium pricing strategies.• Apples iPad pricing strategy includes the flexibility to lower the prices if consumer response dictates such action.• This would be consistent with a similar $200 price cut on the iPhone in 2007.
21. Coming off the heels of yet another successful Apple launchdebut, it’s increasingly clear that Apple is on top of theirgame in a way like no otherThe secret lies beyond their product line and designstandards; it lies beyond even Steve Jobs’ emphaticadherence to Apple’s core philosophy, which is that the userdoesn’t always know what they want.
22. NAME According to SteveJobs, Apple was sonamed because Jobswas coming back He thoughtfrom an apple farm, the name wasand he was on a "fun, spiritedfruitarian diet. and not intimidating
23. LOGO Apples first logo, designed by Ron Wayne, depicts Sir IsaacNewton sitting under an apple tree. It was replaced by Rob Janoffs "rainbow Apple", the now-familiar rainbow-colored silhouette of an apple with a bitetaken out of it. In 1998, with the roll-out of the new iMac, Apple discontinuedthe rainbow theme and began to use monochromatic themes,
24. SLOGANS Apples first slogan, "Byte into anApple", was coined in the late 1970s From 1997–2002, Apple used theslogan "Think Different" inadvertising campaigns. Apple also has slogans for specificproduct lines — for example, "iThink,therefore iMac" was used in 1998 topromote the iMac,and "Say hello toiPhone" has been used in iPhoneadvertisements
26. Instrumental in making Apple the iconic brandApple advertisements established traits such as creative and intelligent
27. Today’s Apple’s advertisements highlights: Hip & Cool Obsessed with perfection MinimalismEg: 2011 ad for iPhone “if you don’t have an iPhone , well , you don’t have an iPhone”
28. Apple’s Most Unforgettable Ad
29. PROMOTIONAL STRATEGY• Apple has been very active in its promotional endeavors.• The first promotional tool it uses is advertising.• For example, in 2008, the company successfully managed to create a series of televised advertisements that utilized a form of comparative advertising.• The second promotional tool that Apple uses extensively is personal selling.
30. I campaigns
32. APPLE RETAIL STORES
33. 7 Key Strategies Of Apple’s Marketing1. Ignore Your Critics2. Turn the Ordinary into Something Beautiful3. Justify Your Price4. Communicate in the Language of Your Audience5. Extend the Experience6. Build a Tribe7. Become “The Name”
34. Success of Apple Brand Fresh and Imaginative way of thinking Winning combination Great style and design Great strategy Innovative marketing Sleek and enticing communication
35. Simplicity is theultimatesophistication!
36. HATS OFF TO THE manTHANK YOU who show a new way